Supbeam X60 Battery-carrier Improved

Unless you have the “new” un-tested and un-certified 6.2+ volt “USB”, “Special” power adapter it won’t be much good for charging in the light.

Sooooo….soccer?
Are we also getting sent these new shit adaptors as well so the new shit battery carriers MIGHT work??

Bella??Helloooooooooooo out there?

My email to info@acebeam.com:
Hello Acebeam,

So now that I have the new carrier that doesn’t work properly without the new adapter…what do I do? Are you sending out new adapters too that work with the new carriers???
This is a nightmare, all I want to do is safely charge my batteries inside the light like it was designed for.
Are you responsible if a battery vents inside the light (due to malfunctioning charging) and burns my house down?

Impatiently awaiting your response,

Ben*

Can’t wait for the generic response reply while they continue laughing from the other side of the planet.

I read somewhere, (if i can find the site i will post the link here.) where someone bought a cheap low-Voltage charger adapter from Crapbay, and it shorted out internally sending a full 120 volts AC at 15 AMPS to the device they were charging and it caught on fire.

• Now picture THAT happening to the “new” adapters they send us to use with our sealed lights, that contain three 18650 LiIon cells….
    a 120/240 AC volt surge could turn your X40/60 into a deadly pipe bomb or a Claymore Mine sitting on your night table while your family sleeps.

I will NOT use this new adapter & the failed new carrier that requires the higher voltage, because i do not feel it is a safe fix.
As far as i’m concerned the problem is NOT fixed, and we have these Supbeam/acebeam lights with unsafe built-in chargers and un-balanced carrier circuits.

^ Exactly.

Now that Acebeam have confirmed their carriers are in fact faulty and do not charge correctly and safely, I’d LOVE to know where they stand legally with this if (God forbid) the worst should happen.

If someone dies or burns to death with one of these lights charging fails, there is nothing we, or lawyers can do to get compensation from a foreign company like Acebeam because of their country of origin.
The fact that these un-tested, unsafe, and un-approved devices are allowed to get in across our borders with proper certification and safety testing in the first place is the first great failure in all this.
We made the mistake of buying their expensive products in the first place on the trust they would make sure they were built right and safe.

A woman died here recently due to a cheap phone charger. It was partly the way it was being used, but mostly it was possible due to a design flaw, low voltage and high voltage portions were too close and it shorted across (I cant recall all the details). There was an outcry for action to prevent unsafe goods entering the country, at least the volumes could be halved by targeting and refusing entry to items from particular senders.

Here ya go Faulty USB phone charger blamed for Sheryl Aldeguer's death

Not sure what came of it… but official responses are bound to gain momentum if the products keep failing to meet standards.

I’d say this is over.

It won’t be resolved.

I believe the USB cable just became the means of the purpose, which is to use the existing port to power properly the charger (6.2v). While of course it is a bit confusing, if it works and charges the cells properly that should be a good thing, I mean just imagine it would be a 9V input charger and it is the same thing, non-USB standard.
That being said one of those chargers can be tested by HKJ for safety and everyone knows exactly what to expect, before assuming the worst.

Are you saying people havent given them a chance?

Mismatched tubes
Incorrect charging
Wrong voltage

When we consider the K50 and X40 is part of this, its getting epic for some of the units.

A 9v charger does not look like a USB standard, while the 6.2v power supply will. Its USB at the wall end and PSU, at the light end its a magnetic clip. Since they are changing the power supply, they may as well no longer use the USB style of connector at any end. Using a Standard USB style is dangerous, it encourages people to use the wall wart for their phone for example. I had planned to use my tablet/phone unit to charge this, or vice versa, it eliminated the need to use more plugs, have more leads around etc. Kind of one of the purposes of a standard too, is the universality of the connectors to reduce clutter. People will inevitably use the wrong PSU. Acebeam can not change the understandings of the general public regarding a standard such as USB, they simply should not be using it, or adhere to it.

It does appear Acebeam Supbeam, MicrBlueBear do not care abvout standards, and will mess with them for their own gain. What other short cuts will they take, and how many industry standards do they disregard?

No, I am not saying that.

If I wanted to say that I would have said just that. But I agree with what you are saying.

Exactly what I intended to write. They clearly don’t care about standards, they’re taking shortcuts and expect us to believe all manner of bullshit.

Different culture different way of thinking. Based on my encounter with Chinese, most of them do not pay attention to details of their products. They are happy as long as the products are useable in certain ways.

I am a bit grateful and surprised that Acebeam is still carrying on solving the issue even thought the process is extremely slow and going to the wrong direction. Many Chinese vendors may have long time gone missing if they know that they are losing money.

Whatever it is, To me, it looks very wrong to use 6.2V USB charger to charge the carrier. Perhaps Acebeam should redesign one more time in their carrier circuit for 5V input. That is the original design intent and the purpose of having the USB charging cable.

Ok my “new” power adapter arrived already, VIA: DHL in less than a week. Will post some test results shortly and photos.

On May 24 I received a USPS tracking #( supposedly, for two X60 battery carrier replacements.) Today I finally received a package from China, opened quite eagerly, and was instantly disappointed! On two different occasions, I furnished Bella/Supbeam/Acebeam two distinct and unique serial numbers for the two Supbeam X60s I own (unfortunately, I’m thinking!) So, why should I be pleased to get only one replacement of two, which I clearly explained to “them” that I needed?

I have not had time to test the one carrier they sent ( I forgot to mention that the tracking # they emailed never worked, even today, and was nowhere to be found on the pkg!) I’m not at all confident about this new carrier, and even less confident that I will receive the other one.

I am not the least bit impressed and any Acebeam deal in the future will have to be smoking like a volcano before I ever consider it!

P.S.
Just noticed a few posts I hadn’t read; everything I previously wrote is a moot point. Might as well melt these lights down for scrap! Hell, that smoking volcano reference might very well be a likely reality…

Ok, the new adapter is the one on the right, and the original one is on the left in the photo below.
As seen in the photo the adapters are identical , including the un-changed specification label, (which is not a good idea because one is actually higher voltage above the USB standardized 5.0 volts still specified on the adapter!

Below are the voltages i got from measuring both of them. The original measured at 5.50 volts DC at no load on the output, and the new adapter read 6.18 volts DC.

I am now running my X40 to drain down the cells a little, then i will do a test of the new adapter with the new carrier to see if it works properly as Bella specified to me.
-I will update with the results soon.

UPDATE On Charging:

The New carrier being charged with the new supplied 6.2 volt adapter stopped charging when the tail-cap LED went green.
The tested charge voltage in the the cells are:

- 4.16 v

- 4.16 v

• 4.17 v

My next test will be having a look inside the new adapter to see how safe the soldering on the PCB is done and how much isolation there is between the 120 Volt AC side and the 6.2 volt DC side of the circuits, and will do further charging & discharging tests with matched sets of the protected TF Flames and Protected Panasonic NCRs.

I never got an answer to my email request for two new X60 carriers...

Most people didn’t receive an answer.

Good work thanks for the update.