Supbeam X60 Group Buy - Interest and Discussion Thread - Dangerous problem discovered!

Thanks. I think BD’s are the way to go especially if anything ‘changes’ in the light :wink:

Why are you dividing by 3? It's a 6 cell light, so ~2-2.5A.

Have the X40, K50, and TN31(made by Supbeam) and all have problems taking long cells with the Chinese protection circuit, the K50 to the point it won’t operate properly. I would buy batteries with the Seiko protection circuit, Keeppower, Xtar, or Mountain Electronics. Sure there are others.

I only own (4) 18650 cells, so I cannot purchase this light thankfully.

Please PM Price.

Quirky, my K50 from the GB works on protected Panasonic 3400s from BG or FT (cant remember which now but definitely one of them). They say nothing of where the IC is made but I would assume China, as they were fairly cheap at the time (maybe 4 or 5 months ago). 2 for under $20 or something like that. Those same cells are a tight fit in a TK61 too.

IIRC, OL mentioned in one of his K50 threads that without protection circuits he would not trust the batteries to stay seated (paraphrasing). Yeah, he fitted unprotected cells and shows a pic with a substantial amount of uncompressed spring, he makes note of the loose fit. About half down the first post of this thread My thoughts on receiving the Supbeam K50 V2

All my cheaper protected Panasonic 3100, 3400, and Samsung 2800 from BG and WB have trouble fitting in the lights above, have to really force the last one’s in. Keeppower Panasonic 3400, 3100 and Xtar Sanyo 2800 fit fine.

Count me in,I like the short fat handle.ouch that sounds very wrong.

PM price if able! Thank you for setting this up.

I assume these will ship from China.
when I buy Chinese goods most companies ship with the value marked @half what I,be paid.of course I,m always chuffed that I get my product faster without customs hold ups. Can anyone comment on their past experience with supbeam .
Not asking you to suggest anything naughty flashpilot,just wanted some feedback about previous experience with their shipping practices.I guess this is common practice by companies to gain favour with customers.

K50 GB light was marked at U$35 on package so not representative of the reality.

“I want one now”, of course, depending upon price.

The math is correct. The X60 uses SIX 18650 cells NOT Three.
From the Acebeam website…
Features:

•LED: 5*Cree XM L2 LED with a lifespan of 50,000 hours;
•*+Power by 6*18650;
+*•Maximum Brightness : 5,000 lumens;

I want one, depending on price.

I there going be a group buy for the X60M ?

Not at this time.

I WANT ONE NOW!!

I’m interested depending on price :bigsmile: P.M. me

Thank you for taking the time to do this!

Please pm me, interested depend on the price.

Thanks for organising this GB
I’m interested, depending on price, please PM me, thanks