Supbeam X60 Group Buy - Interest and Discussion Thread - Dangerous problem discovered!

I think the cells are 6S1P in use, so the battery is still 3200mAH @~20-25V.

I knew that! Man, having a horrible memory really sucks!

The caveat here is that the amperage drawn from each cell because of the Buck driver is very small, so the 3200mAh capacity yields excellent run time.

For the 26650, I was thinking fewer cells (like 2) to do the job and maintain battery tube diameter. High capacity 26650’s would give comparable total capacity, the driver wouldn’t have to buck current down as far so might be more efficient, and overall I think it’d be a win win. Don’t know how all that works but I’m sure some here could do the math’s and make a recommendation either way.

Tom has highly recommended the KK 26700 cell, I wonder how 2 or even 3 of those would fare running a light like this? That’d be interesting and far more economical than buying 6 cells.

Good day folks! :bigsmile:

• Unless I missed it, I couldn’t find any complaints of a stock X60 going into strobe mode by itself. I will followup with Acebeam to verify.
  • Since modifying this light voids the warranty (just as it would for any other top-brand light), I will keep the scope of my queries about the X60 as it comes delivered to us from the factory. From the detailed comparisons and output measurements in all of the reviews (and as others have already mentioned), the X60 is well driven and needs no additional power to the emitters to be an extremely powerful, reliable and satisfying flashlight. IMO, keep it stock and enjoy it. :bigsmile:
  • As with most other top brand flashlights, repairs are serviced at the factory and there is no distribution chain for user installable parts. I will ask again for specifics on what might be available.
  • From gopajti’s review, the stock X60 smokes the TK75 and everything else he compared it against. It also has a larger head and more surface area to conduct heat to the air and easier to hold than the TK75 because of the thinner battery tube.
  • My neighbors lazy scrawny 17 year old daughter had absolutely no trouble changing modes on my Supbeam K50 while holding the light in one hand and using the selector ring. The K50 battery tube is a good deal thicker than the X60. So unless you have very tiny hands or severe physical limitations, single handed mode changes should be very easy.

The light only weighs 2.6 pounds loaded with cells. If you cant hold that small amount of weight in your hand (even by the tail end of the battery tube), you might have far greater concerns than worrying about a flashlight. :wink:
  • Buyers must use a matching set of high quality protected batteries, which are of the same manufacturer, age, model, brand and capacity. Not mixed batteries. Please save those Chinese cells for single 18650 flashlights.

So.... does this mean we're there? The GB is going live, and PM will be going out shortly?

Edit: Regarding strobe/mode changes it's on this page, http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?376620-SOLD-WTS-X60vn-7500L-Thrower/page11 including myself it looks like four out of maybe 10-20 people reported the minor issue.

Also it's worth noting, it is not ok to leave batteries in this light indefinitely.

It was page 19 for me.

I haven't had that problem at all, on either end of the dial. I wonder if that happens only in (Vinh) modded ones? It might be possible to leave the selector ring misaligned after disassembling the light?

I don't think the review unit (re-sent) arrived yet.

Thanks. I still cant find confirmation of a stock X60 changing modes on its own. Only the modified one. I already asked the question to Acebeam and will post their response when I receive it.

:smiley: Unfortunately, the deal isnt live just yet. Im sure it wont be much longer. Believe me, Id like to get this GB out of my hair and start playing with my new light.

Crap. Guess I got excited early as usual. Reread the post, and you're right it doesn't sound like the review unit arrived yet.

@_the_ It's probably due to different display settings. Would have been better to link to the post: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?376620-SOLD-WTS-X60vn-7500L-Thrower&p=4409345&viewfull=1#post4409345

It might be an issue related only to modded lights, but I thought it's worth mentioning.

Its in HK waiting to clear customs. Fingers crossed that DHL comes through this time.

Hong bloody Kong I thought u would get it any day now, you won’t get it this week then by the looks of it :_(

Just want to get my grubby mitts on one like everyone else :slight_smile:

Premature illumination?

I confess, I had a few accidents. Doctor is there any cure? I keep lighting things up, and it's not even dark! :p

9hrs 48minutes so far at 500mah discharge rate and still showing 3.48v ,so results looking promising on my other bt-c3100 charger. :stuck_out_tongue:

Flash, are you going to do a GB with the X60M? I just know the X60M would be a great fit for the 53 foot trailers that I inspect inside and out. Do you think the X60 could be too focused with too much whiteout for 53 ft trailers?

At only 53-60 feet a flood light would work better. The X60 does have a well defined hot spot, so on turbo at that distance it would be too bright.

I was thinking the same thing. Do you think the X60M would be a better fit?

Yes, it might still be too bright, and focused, for your purposes, but it would be a better fit. For short distance like that, or for close up work, a flood light works best. Consider a modded (or stock) Supfire M6 from RMM. Or a single MTG2 light with a smaller reflector like the eagletac sx25l3.

Right now I’m using the X40 and K50. I really enjoy using them, expecially the usb charging feature. If the X40 was a little brighter I wouldn’t need the K50.

In that case I think you'll be quite pleased with the X60... it's not as throwy as the K50, but much more so vs the X40, and much brighter.

If Flash is going to do a GB on the X60M, I think that would be perfect. It looks like he might not wanna get involed in another GB for awhile.