Supbeam X60 Group Buy - Interest and Discussion Thread - Dangerous problem discovered!

The Vinh modded lights were apparently going into strobe mode for one of two reasons:

1) The driver was not properly indexed when reinserted, which then didnt match up with the selector ring detent.

2) The driver activates strobe mode to protect the light when a temperature of 90 degrees C (194 F) is reached.

Alert!

The GB will take place tomorrow. Im working on the details now and will post an update soon

:smiley:

Flashpilot,

look at the fierce reaction of the unhappy cat, you better make it fast for the GB. ha ha ha.

Now that you mention it, that sounds like a very real possibility given that all of Vinh's lights were driven harder and as a result produced heat faster.

As a design feature, would make a lot more sense for the light to simply reduce output to compensate for heat, as opposed to switching into strobe mode. Zebralights do this, and I have to say it's extremely effective.

Can't wait for this GB to go ahead! Though I shudder to think what this is going to do to my bank account.

Good Day FlashPilot,

Any chance of them selling us battery carriers for the K50 V2, X40 L2, and the X60?

Thank You Very Much,

George

The X60 GB SALE IS LIVE!!!

LINK TO SALES THREAD

I would very much like to see that happen. The amount of information we exchanged was enormous and there will be many more meetings and conversations.

Sorry folks, Im cooked and need to get some sleep. Everything came together at once. Its been a lot of information and details to process. I’ll be around tomorrow to launch the PM’s to everyone interested and get the ball rolling for the orders.

I didnt have time for beam shots, suffice it to say that there is more than enough information already posted in this thread to many great reviews with tons of beam shots, lux measurements and comparisons. If youre to lazy to look then thats your fault. lol Ive done far more than my part. :wink:

PM the price please

Thanks

Price please.
Thank you!

Good news about the supplies, thanks for making it happen.

Any photos of the driver?

I am interested in one. Please PM info. Thanks!

why wait :bigsmile:

You realize that you have at least 118 people glued to the computer??? :stuck_out_tongue: I know I am :bigsmile:

One minute to go... :p

Tick, Tick, Tick, Tick, Tick…. :money_mouth_face:

Tok tok tok...

hes taking the piss, its 8.01 :bigsmile: