Supbeam X60 Group Buy - Interest and Discussion Thread - Dangerous problem discovered!

Understandable from their perspective especially considering their disclaimer in the latest K50 emails regarding dismantling and modification.

I’m sure the stock light will be ample for most but I’d still prefer a de-dome.

As with the K50 GB I’m in on this as well. Please keep us updated with progress and thanks for your efforts.

I was hoping someone would set up an X60 GB :slight_smile:

Why link to this thread?

In his review selfbuilt says that the anodizing is a nicely matched matte(flat)black.

I’ll take one if the price is right. I’ll wait for your new thread to PM.

Depends on price, thanks for putting this together!

My mistake, I thought I was on another Supbeam thread and you were wishing for an X60 group buy.

I WANT ONE NOW!!

Thank you Flash for your efforts on this GB.

Depends on the price.

See above. :party:

Put me down as interested though I would be even more so if it was the new 10,000 Lumens version. A BIG light though and I tend to prefer the soupcan format lights such as the TM26 I have on the way.

At least 27 lights from one group buy that have mismatched colors? It’s not a disaster, but still pretty ridiculous.

GET OVER THE NOT MATCHING ANODIZING! None of you obviously know or have any common sense when it comes to how things are anodized. It has nothing to do with SupBeam. THEY DONT ANODIZE EACH LIGHT INDIVIDUALLY!!! SupBeam sends them a batch of tubes, all those get done in a batch. They send them a batch of heads, all those get done in a batch. THERE COULD BE WEEKS BETWEEN THOSE BATCHES AND THE ANO COMPANY IS DOING STUFF FOR EVERYONE! Granted the ano should be similar but its not like they have the whole light sitting there and the do a complete light in one batch. Its done at all different times and ITS NOT DONE BY SUPBEAM!

SupBeam is PAYING FOR REPLACEMENTS. If you dont want to take advantage of that then STFU! Im starting to get really iritated by all the moaning and growning especially when they have offered a solution!

Just as an example ill post a photo of a light I personally had anodized in the same batch that didnt even come out matching. The machinist literally used the same batch, did each piece one after the other and they still dont match. Anodizing isnt something you can get perfect everytime. Temp, air conditions, the qualt of the ano used; it all will have an effect on the outcome

I'm in depending on price. Please PM me.

unless SUPBEAM/ACEBEAM describe that they offer something no other brand do like mismatched body tube and stuff.
my finger is crossed for X40 since i was jump in on the bandwagon :expressionless:

As far as anodizing is concerned results are also dependent on the alloy being anodized and the exact surface finish of the original parts. In a complex flashlight some parts may be machined from solid, some die cast and others extrusions or forgings. Each type of manufacture probably uses a different aluminum alloy and very likely has a different surface finish so may well show a different final color even if anodized together in one batch.

Umm, Supbeam should send heads and tubes off to the ano business at the same time then, and keep them in batches to assemble matching units.

Acebeam/Supbeam are offering a refund/replacement light, if you return the mismatched one to them. That will cost me, around $50. They are offering $10 for postage, not full cost. Thats $40 I would lose to “take advantage of that”.

Anyway, wrong thread for this discussion. Apologies FP.

optntdr13 wrote:

See above.

Please excuse my thick headedness. I don't follow. Can I get another hint?

Separately,

Glued head = bigger discount, right?

Calm down.

I’m sure this group buy will go a lot smoother as they wouldn’t want to risk anything more with the new brand name.

I have not seen any complaints regarding the anodizing on the Supbeam X40 L2 group buy lights yet and quite a few of the participants in that one have received their lights already.

Um how the heck will it cost $40 to ship a light to CANADA especially when you ship it freight requested or whatever the term is. Even if you ship it normally itd cost $15 at the most! I shipped a FULL jeep top last week for $18……A FULL FREAKIN SOFT TOP IN A LARGE ASH BOX! If you thibkn its going to cost $40 then you my friend are an idiot.

I wasnt involved in that GB and frankly I could give a rats butt what you do or think but ill speak for the rest of BLF, shut up about this mishap. Its done! They have a solution, if you dont want to take it then shut up. That is your choice, no need to constantly sit behind your computer and moan about something they are fixing!!! No need for the rest of us here to be subjected to your BS compliants all day and night.

this is directed towards everyone still complaining about the K50 GB

Btw the K50 is secobd to the TK61 for throw so if you are complaini nth that you got a throw king for im assuming around $100 then sell it and spend the $250 to get a TK61 or shut up and enjoy the light. Btw when do you use a flashlight? Oh thats right, WHEN ITS DARK OUT so you are never going to see the ano matching issue when you use it. These arent freakin collector’s lights, rhey are not made out of some mystical alloy, they are TOOLS (just like some of the people complaining :P)