Surefire UDR Dominator® 2400 Lumens for $1,370

I’m confused

By batteries, I think he means use and throwaway cells, primary cells, CR123As.

By saying it doesn’t work with standard 18650s, I believe he means that it has Li-ion cells in a unit specific to the design. So if you didn’t have the unit for some reason, you couldn’t use 18650s instead, but you could power it on CR123As.

Compared to hotwire bulbs…

But lookit all those cooling fins!

I bet you this one is more expensive then Surefire UDR Dominator® :smiley:

Only $934.99 from Ebay so better get your orders in now.

Uhm… that price? No, not really… (imho)

You mention some important points like being able to withstand vibrations and blows and harsh conditions, but the price is beyond reason (imho).

That’s a ripoff

BudgetLightForum.com …where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

LED Flashlights  Discuss here anything about budget priced LED flashlights from sellers all over the world

“Frugal” and “budget” are elastic terms, but I’d say they’ve been stretched far beyond breaking point by the time we get past $1,000. Hence the reception.

Thinking about your comment and as a WAG I’d say this was developed to a military specification a few years back, maybe one intended to extend the envelope of what was possible. Would the huge numbers of C123As appeal in a civilian product? When the military become involved in inviting tenders involving R&D, strange things can happen that make no commercial sense whatsoever. e.g. heavy emphasis on and a willingness to pay for qualities no one else would think were worth a second thought.