Surefire's Attempt At The Nitecore Tube?

All joking aside I wonder how they managed to fit an XPG or XPL in the plastic casing and not melt it… The price might be stupidly high but we can’t deny it is bright for SF standards, well IF is really produces 300 lumens and not 30, could it be a typo?

But is there anything saying it’s plastic?

Judging by the texture and the way the button is attached it looks like plastic, but could be aluminum as well.

After A bit more researching I will assume they are using the same light engine from their 2211X wrist flashlight, which is also 300 lumens.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0177H4S5Q?psc=1&redirect=true&ref\_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

$70…. :expressionless:

No flap at the micro usb connector :party:

OK, it is made out aluminum - but for 70$ I get 2 Convoys, 4 batteries and a good charger… AND a NiteCore Tube :smiley:

No, polymer (plastic)

Euh… “This polymerbodied light …” And it doesn’t look like alu to me. Though that piece that says ‘sidekick’ looks to be aluminium. It almost has to be, that LED has to be cooled, how else would they get that much power?

$125…

The 300-Lumen-Mode could step down to mid (60 Lumens) after 5 seconds. Problem solved :bigsmile:

They stole my idea!

Alright, I just saw that Logo and that looked like it’s been lasered through the anodizing - but with plastic it will be paint.

I had the same idea, Surefire's Attempt At The Nitecore Tube?

What I see is a threaded bezel, easy to open. Take a look at those seams and how it pops open. So it looks like we might have batteries that can pop in and out. A recharge port, and some custom bezels. Then one of you could mod it into 1000 lumen XP-L.

Taken from the $69.99 Amazon listing:

“Compact, lightweight Polymer body is weather resistant; features split ring for easy attachment to keys or carabiner clips”

Phil

So I’ve been following this light and the reviews from CPF are very positive. Output seems to be according to the 300-lumens claim and the tint is a “creamy white”, perhaps their description of NW? Price is not that bad considering its closest competition the mecarmy sgn3 ($42.99 and not as bright), the sidekick at $69.99 is not too overpriced by SF standards.

SGN3 vs Sidekick (from CPF use applevision)

I guess this raises the bar for keychain lights. SF is not known for producing high output lights yet the sidekick out performs most AAA size lights in the market. Not that I plan to order it, my maratac Cu AAA is well over 300lm with an 10440 and it has decent throw.

Is is made in China?

the black version is now on sale at surefire for 39.95 dollars. thats a very nice price.

probably made of leftover parts from their cool XC1 :D