Suspiciously cheap Samsung 4.35v 3200mah from DX. (SOLD OUT) UPDATE : RECEIVED REFUND FROM DX!

16-7-2014 11:03:12 Full Shipment Your order has been fully shipped.
14-7-2014 15:49:13 Order Processing Order is being prepared for Shipment.
14-7-2014 6:08:33 Order Processing Order is being processed.
14-7-2014 6:08:33 Payment Confirmed Payment verified.
14-7-2014 6:08:26 Order Received Order has been created, awaiting payment

:bigsmile:

Normally ICR are rated 2C as maximum, only some are 3C. So most of the time, they aren’t up to the job, unless you do alot of parallel batteries.

I would say using IMR is alot better.

I ordered 3 packs on July 15. They were marked as shipped on July 17. The tracking has not yet activated. I’m not holding my breath.

Mine got shipped as well. It would probably takes another month or so to arrive.

Just as I was about the leave the office, the shipment of 3 packs came in.
Yellow envelope looks fine but once I open, it doesn’t look too good.

1. The plastic battery case for 2 of 3 packs are broken. All are cracked in various sides. Several rubber bands hold the case together. Case is Soshine branded
2. None of the 12 cells have any kind of markings or labels. Pure clean purple wrap
3. Slight oxidation at the cells bottom plate
4. Flat top not button, slight recessed more that usual
5. Cell top is off center in roughly half of the 12 cells.
6. No scratches
7. 4 cells test 120-150 mOhm in Opus BT-C3100 Quick Test.

I’ve thrown 4 into Opus BT-C3100 for a discharge test.
Photos later when I have time.

No markings? Get ready for PP claim.

Yeah, I can’t say I’m surprised though. I wonder how bad the discharge tests will be…

Sorry to hear that. This action by DX does not inspire confidence. Since my order is still being processed, might just cancel my order.

Full Imgur Album

These are the more interesting ones…
These are 4.35V cells, but I’m charging them at 4.2V
Nevertheless, as I understand, I should at least get close to 3000mAh.
This is disappointing…

Looks like fake. Those looks a bit different than normal Samsung wrappers.

EDIT: can you run c3100 quick test several times on different slots. Just to get an idea of the resistance.

The off-center flat top is a sure give-away to the cells quality. I don’t know what those cells are, but I’m sure they are not from the major makers like Panasonic, Sony, Sanyo, LG and Samsung. Might be 2200 mah cells as shown by their consistent discharge capacities.

It’s not samsung cells, look at negative terminal and compare with http://www.fasttech.com/product/1628903-samsung-icr18650-32a-3-7v-3200mah-rechargeable-li

Well, if DX is not aware of this as being not original Samsungs, someone has pulled a fast one on them.

Well, soon I will receive mine. If they really are fakes then they might not be 4.35v cells. I’m disappointed with DX. :confused:

i dont recall any samsung cells with that bumped out negative.
so who knows what you have?
wouldnt try 4.35 either!
might be ok generic cells by those readings though.

OP (Major) please remove the link to prevent unsuspected members from buying these fakes.

+1.. I had a bad feeling about these from the beginning.

I’ve cancelled my order. I’m convinced this is fake. Different wrap, different bottom, no marking - pretty obvious by these alone. The poor capacity and inconsistent internal resistance are also regular with chinese cells.

I think inside there you might find BAK cell.

Dang I knew this day would come.

Advertised vs received: huge difference.

Really wished DX has given more days for me to decide :_(
Do you think they will give full refund easily? Or should I reject the registered package at door and ask postman to return to sender (if there is a return address)?