Suspiciously cheap Samsung 4.35v 3200mah from DX. (SOLD OUT) UPDATE : RECEIVED REFUND FROM DX!

My opinion, I think you should accept and confirm if you get the correct cells. Much harder to claim when Paypal see receiver reject shipment for no clear reason.

In case you receive the fakes, then open Paypal dispute.

Huge difference. Total false advertising. I'd open a paypal case if you're under the 45 day limit

The only good thing was, this was ordered on 16th July, arrived today 22nd.
It’s a record delivery speed for DX over the last 6 years or so

The internal resistance range of 120-150 mOhm mentioned in my first was done immediately upon unboxing. Voltage was 3.8V-3.9V
The photo shown of the internal resistance was done about an hour after the cells finished charging.
Cells were taken out, charger off for 20 seconds, before placing back in different slots for the test.

Yes, this is on the first charge/discharge. Photo shows the discharge capacity.
I’m charging them again for 2nd cycle.
However, i doubt a few more cycles can recover the “missing” 1000 mAh

There are way too many red flags - wrapper, lack of label, off-center top, higher than normal resistance and lastly, faster than usual charging time.

I can’t say I’m surprised. I will wait a few weeks to see if I receive them and then I will toss them and file a pp claim… I’m learning my lesson to not take chances with dealextreme and wallbuys…

yeah great that are not the batteries i have buy

i am curious ….but i think they deliver to me next month.

I’d better start learning how to make a PayPal claim judging by the pics above I’m gonna need it, that’s if I ever receive the batteries,
Here’s a email I got from DX this morning hmm.

I’ve ordered these… If they arrive as fake ones, I’ll just dispute them using BC3100 charger’s data.
So it’ll be free 2000mah batteries.

I would dispute them as fake and dangerous, and that there will be a lawsuit if your house burns down, or if someone injured because they were cheap, dangerous Chinese cells miss-represented as REAL Samsung cells when they weren't.

EDIT: this is why I will never buy from scumbag Chinese sellers ever again...Unless it's cheap under $10 items from ebay sellers that can't kill me or burn my house down.....

And one other thing, if you think DX didn't know these were fakes, I won't make a comment other than you should have known better......

Yes, counterfeit goods… As usual…

I have not started a thread yet but I recently received a “counterfeit” batch of Panasonic NCR18650As from a seller on DHGate. These were re-wrapped used laptop pull cells advertised as new. I am definitely sick of this stuff from overseas sellers. Has anyone inspected these to see what’s under that purple wrap?

So IMR cells have noticeably less lifespan then NCR18650B?

What about hybrids like PF?

if it is false that I receive, I think at night the flower box by throwing the window of the local chinese restaurant here. |(

Blame the chinese government more than the people. People anywhere will do whatever they can get away with. I wouldn’t be surprised if parts of the chinese government encouraged counterfeiting.

Just finished my livechat with a DX CS staff. I requested my order cancelled. Surprisingly, she immediately agreed to cancel my order. Refund will be sent back to my PayPal account. Now I won’t have to worry about receiving possible fake goods.

Don’t cancel orders.
Just report counterfeit product,
The more reports we make, the more chances of making problems for the seller.

You have a point there. If only i ordered 1 set, then i will risk it. But i ordered 3 sets and I don’t want to risk $40+ for a potential fake product.

1. 2nd cycle , left standing for 8 hrs after charging up. Voltage at rest 4.10V +/- 0.01V (via DMM).
2. Discharge results exactly the same, all 4 cells are in the 1950-2000 mAh discharge capacity range, IR same as before.
3. All charge/discharge processes used 700ma current @ 22 Celsius controlled temperature.
4. Charger is good, tested with 8*Panasonic NCR3400, 4*Samsung25R, 8*SamsungLaptopPulls. My practical test for all my cells is to charge my ipad2 using a USB charger(taking into account the known efficiency losses).
5. I thought the C3100 PSU issues are only with charging?
6. Ran out of battery for my weight scale.

Yes, the c3100 misreading are only when charging at 3A+. Discharging is never affected.

I wish I have the chance to cancel. I have to wait till I receive the crap and log a report to them. I do not wish to go to PP for claim.

Shipped on 21/Jul and I received it today! Incredible shipping speed for 18650… but not the batteries.