Suspiciously cheap Samsung 4.35v 3200mah from DX. (SOLD OUT) UPDATE : RECEIVED REFUND FROM DX!

I think dx should be banned from promoting/mentioning.
Also change the title to “DX shipping wrong generic cells instead of Samsung…”.
I have also seen advertisements for these batteries all over internet so this could be them trying to get (negative) attention with thousands people getting scammed.
It’s hard to believe they would be THIS incompetent.

Already disputed with PP? Obvious fake.

Set 2 has exactly the same set of results.
I suppose this concludes this batch is all fubar
At least you have a nice case… mine’s all broken
Have opened a RMA case at DX, no reply yet.

I’ve never liked DX but to send fake cells? That’s crappy.

Yeah, let’s burn them, nuke them and then burn them again just for kicks :bigsmile:
you have to bare in mind that DX is only a “middle man” they get goods from small sellers, and offer this goods to entire world at one place, their web site, It’s not their fault that another supplier screwed them with fake products that do not matches to goods promised by supplier. Yes, they could prevent this with better QC but then you would have to have educated staff and they can’t all know everything about tenths of thousands products listed on their web site.
Also this “deal” is advertised all over the internet buy people that spread the word about cheap lithium ion batteries and this “awesome” deal…
Once again, if you had 10 of thousands product in your offer and had to know everything about everyone of them and do thorough control every time you restock every particular product and not make one mistake then DX should hire you immediately.

BTW, I received 4 pcs today and yes, they are fakes, will contact CS and find a solution with them, no need for lynching…

I totally agree with Sirius9.
Lets see what CS replies. If they are willing to refund or offer other good solution then I’d say that DX is a decent seller. If not and we have to open PP claim then I take my words back and I will avoid them in future.

has anyone from dx commented on this yet? im interested if its something they did knowingly - or if theyre just drop shipping cells from somewhere else and making pennies on them.

A lot of items on DX (and other sites) are sent directly distributors / drop shipped.

On the DX forum Janmee DX Staff posted this

http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1385109

Ramius, Freeme, Sirius9, do these 18650s seem to have a metal plate added to the bottom? Perhaps hiding a little something.

Here is a site where you can get ALL the parts to re-wrap old worn out laptop pulls and make them “new” again. Button tops, flat tops, the rings on top and the bottoms.

Choose your brand and your mAh capacity too.

Here’s a tip: The higher the mAh the MORE you can sell them for! :bigsmile:

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.3.0.63.saBKb5&id=12670817495&

I was interested in the panasonic wrappers… until I saw they have UltraFire BRC 3600mAh!! :open_mouth: :heart_eyes:

These bottom disks look oddly familiar. I wonder though, whatever could they possibly be for?

I like those too! (they are the ones that have a “sheef-life of around 10 years” :~

Received yesterday:

They don’t have any marking on them or metal inserts/pads on negative side also, positive contact has 4 cutouts on the side, not 6 like the ones that Pulsar13 received…
Charged one with Nitecore D2 then discharged with Accucell 6 at 1A:

Looks like I’m going to end up with some free batteries too. Not the end result I was hoping for.

I’ll be trashing the batteries, but free cases! :bigsmile:

http://forum.fonarevka.ru/showthread.php?p=560752#post560752

Hedonist Welcome to BLF! :slight_smile:

Interesting that your cells have some markings on them but capacity still sucks.

Thank you for your hospitality.
Yes, apparently I’m the only one whose battery is marked.
I found that these batteries are very similar to those found at the link.

Welcome Hedonist :bigsmile:
Thank you for posting your battery tests.