Tactical flashlight in EDC body for security service and EDC

Hi,
I did some research but I didn’t find anything suitable. First of all, please excuse my english.
I am looking for an 18650 flashlight for the purposes of occasional security services and EDC, under €50 available in the EU or aliexpress. If the flashlight were very good, I am willing to pay more.

I think 18650 is OK and I don’t need 21700, if you have a different opinion I’d love to hear it.
I have Convoy S2+, Fenix HM51R and Skilhunt H300R 5000k high CRI.
I prefer EDC design, nothing tactical fancy.
The main criterion is the side switch and user interface, so that I can go from OFF to strobe and from OFF to HIGH or TURBO via the sideswitch and without many clicks through other modes. Something OFF to strobe max 2x click. 3x click for strobe is a lot. I don’t like if I have to use the BACK switch to turn it on and then click through the individual modes with the side switch. HOLD for strobe is also OK.
I like the spot beam with flood from H300R and color with high CRI.
USB charging is also an advantage, but not necessary.
Thanks for the ideas.

Hi,

I dedicate an important part of the use of my flashlights to my job and personally I do not recommend a flashlight with a side button, sometimes could not be easy locate side button.

I recommend an electronic button in the tailcap, you will always know where it is, in any circumstance!!!.

As for the UI, I really like Anduril, at the beginning can be a little complex but I guarantee that you can make it simple if you set your mind to it; 1 click on, 2 clicks turbo, 2 click + hold for strobe mode. You also have tactical mode, locked mode, etc.

Take a look flashlights similar to Lumintop FW3A, Noctigon KR4, wurkos TS10…

Thanks for the point, but I tried Convoy S2+ vs Skilhunt H300R, side vs tail switch and I don’t like tail switch.

1 Thank

It is a bit like the safeties on guns… in stressful situations it’s very likely that you will be unable to disengage them. For tactical safety use I would never recommend a sideswitch nor a gun with safeties

1 Thank

That is too bad. But I think that you could get used to it as it may be the only way to get a suitable tool for what you need to do. There is no denying that a tail switch is easier to find and use under stressful situations. I have had many situations where I simply could not quickly find a side switch… to the point of having to use another light to find it. This is made much worse when wearing gloves.

Sometimes what we like may not be the best for the job at hand.

If you might get used to it, maybe look at the Jetbeam III M Ultra.

From off, the paddle gives momentary strobe, or constant strobe if held. From on, double click the paddle for turbo. Over 2.5 hours at over 400 lumens. 18650 cell. Checks most of your boxes, except side switch and price.

FWIW it has USB charging and can be used as a power bank.

It lists for $85, but you probably can find it cheaper.

1 Thank

I totally agree with your words @CampinGaz @Mandrake50 . My level of English does not allow me to express myself as I would like, but they have done it very well.

For what it’s worth, I recently realised that the tail switches don’t agree with me. The double - tail for on, side for modes - are even worse. I also find that a relatively instant access to turbo/strobe using side switch is quite useful.

Wurkkos TD03 so great