Target Clearance - White-top Duracell battery 4-packs (EDIT) now $3.65 (Duraloops)

9 = 2009
0 = 2010
1 = 2011
2 = 2012

I actually forgot about the date codes on the packs I read about a few years ago lol

hmm so what if it was 3?

As of a few minutes ago, the Target on Harbison Blvd., Irmo had 3. Now they have one and I have two; date code = 2I01J1. They had no AAA, and many-many empty pegs on their display (clearing stock in general).

THANK YOU for the tip!

Dim

The ones I bought all starts with 2.

Great, all your batteries were manufactured in 2012.

2013. Is that what you got? I'm tempted to go back and look for 2013's, but then I might actually buy them. Must resist...resolve weakening...

I’m going to go exchange mine. They’ll prolly think I’m crazy but I’ll tell em it’s like buying bread or milk for date code, ya want the freshest from what’s on the shelf hehe

Thanks for the tip… grabbed 4-packs of AAs (that’s all they had).

The date codes (?) are different from what everyone else here is describing:
3 of them have: 3059868100 and 1 has: 2350868100.
All have the white top, green stripe, and “Made in Japan”.

That’s what the code looked like in my store. They were $8.53 too…no sale.

That’s cheaper than regular of $12 or so LOL

The Costco price for Eneloops (when they have them) is:

$20 for 10 pieces AA (averages out to 4 pieces for $8) and includes 2 plastic cases

$20 for 12 pieces AAA (averages out to 4 pieces for $6.67) and includes 2 plastic cases.

my local store had plenty, use a 1.50 coupon on each = 4.58 each pack

I also have found these codes on some of my 4-packs. I am now confused.

How do you read these production date codes? Does anyone know?

Yes, you are the man.

Way to to further reduce the final price.

Where to get these coupons?

Backpacker, I think the ones with numbers like 3059868100 may actually be newer. Packages containing that code had newer copyright dates on them as opposed to the others.

I had a couple from a newspaper insert but could be easily bought from ebay . like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/130955893613 Make sure to get the new ones that expire on 8/31 and not 7/31

Exchanged mine tonight for some that are 2H21J3 = 11 mos old :slight_smile: I had posted this link below for the aa in the other thread. Check the stock in your local store b4 heading out… The store I was at still has about 25 packs of aa & 15 aaa. Just b4 I walk up to the outside front door, they wouldn’t let me in! Huh??? Next thing ya know, store is being evacuated and fire trucks on scene. I guess there was some gas heater in the back hanging from the ceiling possibly leaking gas. 45 min later, store opened back up.

http://www.target.com/p/duracell-pre-charged-4-pk-aa-rechargeable-batteries/-/A-10947767#prodSlot=medium_1_6&term=duracell+aa

Damn, now you guys got me into AA and AAA rechargeables again! Thanks for the heads up, mine were all old. I only got 5 packs each though, one store had 32 packs of AAA…how fast do you guys use these up??? :slight_smile:

Guess I didn’t realize I bought as many as I did till I took this pic J)

This could be one reason for the clearance? Saw these at Walmart, they look like something new…

Quoted from:

I think the new rechargeable ones are called “ion” or “ion core” I saw at Walmart