TC20 V2 Mod

Does anyone on here do mods for $? I’m not really the handy type, but I do appreciate a good light.

With that said I’m wondering what are the capabilities of this light. I have a TS10 and I’m loving Anduril, so I’m curious if I can get Anduril with the XHP 70.3 in 4k within the TC20 v2 host.

Anyone with some knowledge want to chime in on this one?

Good mod is to put mt-g2 and increase current a little bit.
I’ve done it with v1.
More pleasant light than xhp.
Mike

1 Thank

Doesn’t the 70.3 have higher cri than the mtg2? I thought I read that before, but I’m not sure. Maybe the 70.3 has tint shift?

Ugly tint shift.

Anduril is most probably not possible without changing the driver.

The stock driver is more decent on the TC20 with good stabilization and a sensible UI.

Swapping the stock led to a good tinted XHP70.3 HI (afaik that’s the 5A one form Convoy and the 5700K from Kaidomain, or any dedomed non HI variant) to a CCT of your liking would benefit the light. Maybe with an extra dc fix to smooth out tint shift.

If you want Anduril + 70.3HI I’d wait for the 21700 D1 from Hank.

2 Thanks

Hey there! I do a lot of modding for folks all over some different forums. Its very curious you posted this, because 3 days ago i got a TC20 V2 as a partial trade for me to do modding work for someone, and I modded it. Here is some pics. I didn’t put in the KD mcpcb, the original owner did. Luckily they still had it and are sending it to me so i can install it.

I slice the dome off of these xhp70.3 HD and it lowers the CCT and provides excellent tint (with a couple of the bins I have found). These are also 90+ CRI.

Let me know if youre interested, we can chat in a PM. I have a process, and there are more then a couple people here who can vouch for me and my work. Also, I cannot change the UI to Anduril or anything of that nature. I dont even know if this TC20 has the proper MCU on the driver for that type of mod. And i wouldnt change the driver itself bc it is an excellent 6volt boost driver with excpetional output and efficiency, so it is definitely worth keeping. Especially once you change out the hideous domed tint shift xhp70.2 HD :slight_smile:

1 Thank