Tear Down: Manker E02 / E02H (same as E03H)

Hello, I’m enjoying my e02 I wanted to pop some DC fix in, how can I safely remove the bezel, thanks everyone
Michael

Read back. :wink:

…Is the copper cooler block in galvanic contact with any potential or with the lamp grounding? As I see on the pictures maybe not. Assuming that the head inner surface is anodised. Is it?

So a few weeks back I dropped my E02 while it was still hot from a LED swap and a lot of components fell out. I’m not so technical/skilled that I can fix it but thought might as well contribute to the community with my misfortune so I decided to pry the driver board from the copper heatsink to give you guys a better view. Not sure if it was glued really since there are dots of what I assume is thermal glue but again I’m really a noob at this. It was more like press fit onto the heatsink.

Thanks for the pictures! The right one ( with Your fingers ) is out of focus. Could You take an other one?
I am sorry for Your flashlight.
For me it seems to be still repairable but needs some soldering experience.

I updated the post with a more up close shot. Yeah it will take up more effort for me since I don’t have the skill. Maybe in the future.

I heard back from “Steven” at Manker regarding the flicker on my E02 XPG3 in moonlight mode.

He said it was a known issue and that some levels flicker when selected in moonlight mode and to enter engineering mode and select a different level. It does not explain why but answered my question if my light had a unique problem.

I applied DC fix to both my Nichia 219c and XPG3, used a template, cut a circle and laid it directly over the lens. Worked perfect and defiantly smoothed out the XPG3 and made late night reading with the 219c better in moonlight mode spreading the light just enough to cover the pages evenly.

After following this post just purchased an extra E02 XPG3 to reflow, probably SST-20 4000K or 5000K.

Thanks for the tear down and advice,

Thank You!

[ Skill comes from practicing! :smiley: ]