[TEASER] New interesting triple U2 high lumens high lux by cnqualitygoods

That would be a hell of a thrower with this huge reflector!

here are some beam shots of it and more pics

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?276154-Super-Thrower-BTU-Shocker-3xCREE-XM-L-U2-3x18650-Super-Power-Flashlight

According to the link, ‘turbo mode’ for only 30 seconds…too bad, the TK70 can sustain the turbo mode till the D cells loses its juice before dropping down to High, (up to 1hr., 20min) with-out overheating.

But I do like its length - shorter than the TK41 (215mm-TK41 / 204mm!)

Yea you won’t fine many takers for only a 30 sec turbo feature. Sort of defeats the whole purpose of buying this light over the TK70.

And I can almost bet with the deeper reflector wells on the TK70 it will win the throwing war.

I wonder if anyone’s ever tried putting an led light or multiple led light at the focal point of a silvered satellite dish (reflective tape?) and see how far that throws.

yea but I doubt it will hit 3500, I doubt it will even hit 3000, Im betting it will be like 2600 for 30 seconds, but depending on the price difference between this and the new tk75 I might still get one

You guys have got to take into effect the deeper wells surrounding each LED. Forget about the lumens. The TK70 looks to me to have quite a bit deeper reflector wells.

Im not really comparing it to the tk75 in my mind because this light uses 18650s instead of d batteries, I think its better off compares to the xtar s1, d35, or the new tk75

Ore order $150, regular price $180-200 according to CPF marketplace :frowning:

Dang
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?276154-Super-Thrower-BTU-Shocker-3xCREE-XM-L-U2-3x18650-Super-Power-Flashlight

hmm for that price I will just wait for the tk75 id rather buy Fenix if prices arent a huge difference

For that price, you would be ahead just buying the TK70 from Shane for around $180 shipped.

And if Ric is going to compare beamshots, why don’t he compare it to the light it is trying to copy?

I still will put my money on the TK70 for throw.

drat

It claims 3500 lumens for 30 seconds. Can it realistically output 1166 lumen/LED?
Will the upcoming TK75 look like this?

ILF has a very valid point,@150 bucks it's logical to buy the fenix.I love the short version,but clones have a habit of not living up to expectations.I'm mad because I like the form factor but 30 sec.turbo is crap and the reflector depth seems more shallow than the tk-70.If this uses the dry driver(someone correct me if I'm wrong)I remember guys burning theirs up often.

I really don’t see how the short turbo is an issue IF the next mode is just about as bright as the turbo mode on the Fenix. It’d also help if the reflector allows it to throw as well.

Let’s say it didn’t have the turbo mode, but had the remaining modes. It’d essentially be a shorter TK70 that uses 18650’s and is a little less expensive initially.

Now if it doesn’t perform to spec, and let’s say it only puts out 2000 lumens on turbo for 30 seconds, then I agree that this would be less desirable.

yes the tk75 will be something similar to this, its probably where they got the idea for this from

Hi guys.

CNQG quoted figures is emitter. Fenix TK70 is 2200 OTF/Out-The-Front (as posted earlier).

This one i would be expecting at least 2600 lumens Out-the-Front/OTF, from my experience with all the DRYs….most probably higher.

Try not to mix up between the 2.

Dang it is using that particular DRY driver with the 30-sec timed Turbo mode and high PWM. It does have another version with high PWM and unrestricted Turbo.

Btw, this IS a TK70 head.

T6 can do about 1050 lumens @ emitter with close to 4A. (need good wicking of heat away from the MCPCB).
U2 should be quite close to that.

I am expecting 110k cd conservative, it could do 120k cd even. I’d like to see what is the “AR coated lens” as advertised. The very good AR lenses say that are in the Flashlightlens league are not that easy to find in China (the Solarforce Masterpiece Pro-1 measured like 3 or 4% cut anyway)
TK70 glass lens measured about 0.5–1 cut. I have had thick lenses from some big budgetlights that measured like 7-10% cut. Not a lot in the big picture, but you’d need that if you are after max performance in such a light.

Seriously, it’d just need to be measured, even though we have a very good idea from the DRY triple XM-Ls and its various driver iterations through its lifecycle.

$180-200 is ridiculous, and the main reason I don’t have the tk70. If the price is anywhere near the TK70 then that’s just absurd, unless it has superb heat sinking, machining and glass and a lower low. Only then would it be worth it to me… But even still I’ll have a hard time parting with that much money.