Test of a Luminus SST-20-W 3000K 95CRI led

Thank you! Do you also know where to find a test of the Nichia CRI92?

The 219C is kind of yellowish/greenish when compared with the 219B. It is not that desirable in general, unless you can get one in a tint bin that is rosy. I heard virence.com used to sell a rosy tinted 219c but it’s sold out. The 90CRI LH351D looks almost the same as the 219c in terms of yellowish/greenish tint but produces a bit more lumen if I remember correctly.

Looks like the are also listing 4000k now.

http://kaidomain.com/Luminus-SST-20-J4-FB4-Neutral-White-4000K-LED-Emitter?search=Sst-20

…and it is already tested too :slight_smile:

BLF=fast :sunglasses:

Strange I missed that one :person_facepalming: thanks for the link.

Let’s post this pic here also. I love this sst in my reylight. Warm and rosy . No more green as with the 219c.

D25c 219b sw40, reylight 3000k sst-20, enogear stock, enogear 7A xpg2, s mini 5D xml2.

Could you please label your light beams? I don’t know, which one has which emitter :slight_smile:

Added.

How do you know the Enogear is 7A? The product website says it is NW 4500k but to me it looks more like 4000k 5D1 or 5A4 tint. Looks very similar to the Nichia 219B sw40 9080.

There are two enogears in the photo. The first is labeled “stock.” The second is labeled 7A. Presumably, he knows the tint because he modded it.

Oops I missed that. Thanks

A belated thank you for testing, Djozz.
I’m about to put one of these in my TINI, which arrived today.
(Got the XP-G3 off already)
Wish me luck…

Success!

Lovely cozy rosy LED. :+1:

I just put 3 of these into a wuben to46r, and am extremely pleased with the tint and beam They seem to throw a bit better even behind the carclo optics the light came with the xpg3

I scanned through the thread and did not see any mention of De doming? I could have missed it though.

1.Can this LED be dedomed successfully w/ positive results?

2.Has anyone done this?

I bought the Nitewatch NS22 SEEKER W/ This LED and it throws surprising well w/ dome on[90Kcd] w/ 3000K

They’re even more difficult to dedome than their big brother SST-40.
Even though the phosphor layer is not mixed with the silicone, the silicone is nearly impossible to break down with chemicals.
Even very hot pure Toluene won’t do the job.
It will only make the dome swell up, and yes, it will detach from the phosphor, but it will break the bond wires trapped inside the silicone.
You can shave them, but not too close or you will cut the bond wires…
Someone on BLF shaved one and left the silicone over the bond wires, but that’s micro surgery skills at work…

Shaving these 95 CRI leds will warm the tint up, it will become even rosier. But it will loose you 20% output, which is worse than dedoming cool white leds.

Thank you Jerommel and djozz for your answers,HAPPY NEW YEAR!

What tint you tested ?
Currently Kaidomain sell Luminus SST-20 J4 HB4 3000K.

I should have added the tint bin in the OP but did not think of that at the time because there was just that 1 tint available. I’m not 100% sure but I have not noticed a new listing for the SST-20 3000K in the past period so I assume they still sell the same batch.
Besides, it appears that KD’s tint listings are notoriously unreliable so who knows what I tested and what they sell at the moment?, can be anything.