Test / Review: "Himax 2600" 18650 batteries from "pingyi.co.ltd" on eBay (very poor results)

This story has destroyed himax’s rep.
Can a “trusted” member do some new tests with these batteries?
If there is a war against them, we should give a second chance.

Just to complete my post, last cell 2686mah. Will do a XTAR next just to make sure my setup is correct :stuck_out_tongue:
and if somebody thinks i’m a fake account, thats my cpf account, it exists since 2009 but i havn’t been activ a lot, mostly reading…
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/member.php?64488-spydee

Welcome to BLF, spydee and thanks for the post. Can you tell us where you bought your Hi-Max and Xtar cells?

XTAR from efest through bestvaping.net
Himax through ebay from pingyi link on the 24.08.2012 like I said, I was pretty scared when after I bought them, wshyang posted the results…

edit:
and once again, even though I had good cells (still testing a xtar to check the accucell-6 setup), until more people confirm that it might just have been a bad batch, I would suggest buying them only if you are able to test them…

The XTAR finished with 2808mah which means the setup works :slight_smile:
I guess I got lucky with the himax :stuck_out_tongue:

This being the internet, nobody knows if you’re a dog, but I assure you there is no competition.

I can send off the lot I got to whoever will send me $19.90 plus shipping :slight_smile:

I also have no animosity towards Pingyi (apart from the racist name calling), and I will consider buying their batteries again if they do prove to be good. If they genuinely are new Samsung cells, they really do give good value for money at the asking price.

If not… well, I will take my business elsewhere. Not exactly keen on playing lotto with these.

It's nice of you to join us, spydee!