Test/Review of Allmaybe 6 port 60W CU6

Woody, thank you for your sharing with us. It’s really such a great pleasure to know Allmaybe CU6 is so highly appreciated. :slight_smile:

That’s really kind of you to say so. Thank you. :blush:

@HKJ May I ask if we plan to add a LCD display on USB charger, what features being displayed, in your opinion, will be most helpful for users? Current, voltage or any other?

Any friends here are welcome to participate in the discussion. I really need your precious ideas.
MANY MANY THANKS! :beer:

Current, there is no reason for voltage, it will basically always be the same.
It would also be nice if it can show a message about overload, again no need for voltage only the overload message is needed. If you add individual port protection it would also be nice to know what ports are overloaded.

For chargers with QuickCharge voltage would be interesting, because it can change, but with a multiport charger that would again only be needed for the QC ports.

Thank you HKJ for reminding that it has a standard output of 5V. If we upgrade it with a QC port, it will be a good idea to show voltage then. As for overload, that’s a good new idea.
Do you think message of power is needed for common users?

As long as all ports are 5 volt, there is not much reason for power, current is just as good.
With the possibility to change voltage (i.e. QuickCharge), power is more interesting, it makes it easier to see which port charges faster.

I use some of the “Charger Doctor” type of devices when charging devices from usb, all of which show voltage. I tend to equate lower voltage with higher resistance - often caused by the usb leads which aren’t up to the job. Or am I being silly? Wouldn’t be the first time. :wink:

When measuring in the charger the voltage will be stable, because it is at about the same point the regulation sits. There is no connections or cable to eat some of the voltage.

Got it. Thank you.

Woody

I like the picture of Samuel Beckett, he is one of my favorite authors.

Edit: My apology if making this off topic is unwanted.

A great writer, and an even greater man,

(sorry to go off topic).

Received the allmaybe charger today. It came in an XTAR VP4 BOX!!! Wth! Are they related companies?
Anyways, Thanks to allmaybe. The charger works perfectly. I have been charging 2 tablets, 2 mobiles and a power bank simultaneously. One thing though, my 2 port blitzwolf would charge one of my tablets at 1.7A and the allmaybe is charging it at about 1.0-1.1A….
I will do a few more charging and report. It is working perfectly except the slower charging of one tablet. (which had no charge btw so I will replicate test tomorrow)

It may be the cable.

I seem to remember Allmaybe saying that they do distribute Xtar products. Mine came in a Allmaybe box, which was then placed in an old Xtar box for an additional bit of protection in the post. Worked well, and it arrived safely in good working order.

Hum…I’ll check right away! Thanks HKJ!
Edit: Same…I’ll try again tomorrow.

Hi, good to know it arrived.
Yes, as Woody says, we are one of XTAR distributors, which you can also tell from the products in our store. I have checked, it’s a mistake in our dispatch deparment. We are sorry for the troubles, but it’s a comfort the product put in it is right.
Looking forward to your update of the test.

@HKJ, thank you for explaining.