Test/Review of LiitoKala Lii-100

Amazing, thank you HKJ!
You didn’t talk about the battery SOC indicator. Is it accurate for both Li-ion and NiMH?
Thanks again.

They are usual not very precise and the Lii-100 is very bad with NiMH, it basically stays on the last led all the time.

Time to give my Miller ML102’s away since the Liito can also charge NiMH, especially since the ML102’s seem to be dodgy when new versions come out.

Thanks HKJ

Amazing charger, considering the price/function.

I also love this charger, because of its quality for the money, and because it is EASY TO MOD for other charge currents and charge voltages.

Thanks HKJ for another excellent review. I’ve been watching this model and after seeing your review above it looks to be a good purchase.

Another great one HJK! I'll get a few of these for our vehicles. Just-in-case.

Never can have too many chargers I always say...

I’ve been using and testing 2 of these chargers for the past 4 weeks.

As is visible in HKJ’s review, the Lii-100 has one problem: it generally charges about 50mV to high. This ist certainly not dangerous, and within most battery’s specifications, but still less than perfect. However, it can be solved by an easy resistor mod. There is a thread about how to do this.

Great, thank you for that. I'll look around and see if I can find that thread...

Thanks HKJ

Another great job truly appreciated.

just look in post #14

HKJ
Thanks again for your time and effort, very much appreciated.

Is it possible, that the lable on the backside is wrong?
In the second line of “Output:” it says “DC 4.65V 500mA/1000mA”. Shouldn’t it be 3.65V for Li-Fe?

http://freedailydeals.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/freedailydeals-LiitoKala-1.jpg

That label is wrong, 3.65V is more correct.

Thank you very much for thi review, now I will buy one of this, finally :smiley:
Just a silly question (please don’t hate me) : are you plain to do a tear down to see if LitoKala 100 and Skilhunt M1 have the same part inside?
Probably they are not different, so why the Skilhunt charger cost double?

I seldom tear down chargers.

Probably due to different business strategies, one dealer sells as cheap as possible, the other dealer tries to maintain some quality.
I do not always go for the cheapest deal, I know it cost money to write a manual and assure that you products have a certain quality.

HKJ:

Thanks for getting around so quickly to review this charger.

I was surprised that it works so well as a 1A power bank.

I’m glad I picked up a couple when they were on sale earlier. smile

Thanx again, well done :aOK: