Test/review of Vapcell INR16340 800mAh (White)

Vapcell INR16340 800mAh (White)

Official specifications:

• Model: INR16340 800mah 7A

• Size: 16.4*34.0mm

• Type: button top

• Nominal voltage: 3.60V

• End-of-charge voltage: 4.20V

• End-of-discharge Voltage: 2.5V

• Typical Capacity: 800mAh (0.2C discharge)

• Min capacity: 750mAh (0.2C discharge)

• Weight: Max:20g

• Internal resistance: Max:20mOhm AC 1kHz

• Standard Charge: 500mA,CCCV 100mA cut-off

• Quick Charge Current:1000mA

• Max Continuous Discharge Current: 7A

This is a CR132 equivalent size, but the voltage is always compatible.

The two cells do not match completely, but it is not bad for this size battery. The battery can easily deliver 3A, but it pressed above that.

Internal resistance measurement by pulsing 0.5A on/off.

Conclusion

This cell has good capacity and can also deliver current, especially for a 16340 size.

Notes and links

The batteries was supplied by Vapcell for review.

How is the test done and how to read the charts
How is a protected LiIon battery constructed
More about button top and flat top batteries
Graphical comparison to other LiIon batteries
Table with all tested LiIon batteries

Thanks for the test. :+1:

These are a worthy successor for the discontinued AW 16340 15C. The discharge characteristics are quite different between them but the Vapcell is better at everything except the first couple of seconds.

Thanks for the test. :slight_smile:
Finally a really nice offering in this size. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the test. My pair from Vapcell's giveaway finally arrived yesterday.

Thanks for the testing info
I dont understand most of the charts, and I get confused by the visual clutter of so many colored lines

question about this Protection Test:

I thought the Vapcell is UNprotected
what does that chart mean? did the battery shut off, or you simply ended the test manually?

It is and therefor the line continues past 7A, one a weaker cell it would “slowly” drop until I stop the test at 2V. A protected cell it will terminate somewhere in the chart.
The slope of the line is one way to calculate internal resistance

Seems like a decent cell. Somebody want to convince Reylight to resurrect this wonderful little 16340 size light from years ago?

Reylight TLF Little Bonny (Trustfire MINI-02)

As I recall, it was a CR123A light, with a boost driver. But a new version with a FET+N+1 driver for Li-Ion could be interesting. :partying_face:

EDIT: Actually, forget the FET. Since this cell is good up to 3A, a regulated driver will work just fine. It would be great to have a 7+1 AMC driver with a modern BLF firmware.

EDIT again: According to CREE PCT, a XPL HI can do almost 1100 lumens at just 3A current! :wink:

What do you mean by ‘pressed’? Struggled?

It looks like it did okay with 5A draw, but it faltered at 7A draw. It’s rated for 7A continuous, so maybe you’re right. Maybe he means “struggled”, because that’s what it looks like it did.

Very helpful.
Thank you for the reply, and all your time testing and sharing info

I like the Vapcell 16340 INR because the button top works in all my lights. Even the ones with physical reverse polarity rings around a brass contact button in the head of the light, such as Eagletac and Jetbeam.

The Vapcell 16340 INR even works in my Atom AL, that does not like my Olight and Fenix 16340, that are longer and have flatter button tops.

Im hoping at some point, for a protected version of the Vapcell 16340, since none of those lights have built in Low Voltage Protection.

I use one of these Vapcell 16340 cells in a little Supfire S1 host with BLF-A6 driver and Luxeon V led, all resistances minimised, and get around 1150 lumen at 30 seconds. I think that is close the max that you can get with this little cell and a single led. A XP-L Hi has a considerably higher voltage than the V, and being domeless that makes the XP-L Hi less efficient as well, so I think in direct drive you will end up well under 1000 lumen.

Thanks for the testing HKJ, much appreciated. :+1:

Thank you very much for HKJ’s test.

Battery consistency and power deficiency, hope to be improved in the future

We are doing this.

16340 battery with PCB, we also hope to come out as soon as possible.

At present we can do better 16340, but some battery factories have huge MOQ :weary:

The 16340 market is much smaller than the 18350 market.

Hope the future will be good :slight_smile:

And Thank users for your support of vapcell :slight_smile:

I concur with DavidEF, the 5A discharge curve still looks sort of healthy. However, there is a large difference in internal resistance between the tested specimens. Iffy stuff which speaks bad with regards to product consistency. I also wonder about the button top spot welding quality.

Thanks,
We will find ways to improve product consistency

Thanks HKJ!

Looks like good batteries, bought a few for my olight batons, they should be great :slight_smile:

I got this in an eBay email, assume US only for $5 off:

Code: YUSRAOMY7HW9FPBM. Ends Jun 29, 2019. T&Cs apply.*

Wit this link for qty 2 of these Vapcell 16340's: https://www.ebay.com/i/233242085587?ul_noapp=true

If the code works, it's a pair for $5 shipped - great deal. Let me know if it works. I've bought from the eBay seller before - good as long as you know what you are buying.

I copied the code and pasted it,it did not work for me.