Testing the Waters: Interest in Solarforce Masterpiece Pro-1 drop-ins

Hi guys

I’ve recently stumbled across a few threads of people modifying their Solarforce Masterpiece Pro-1’s by driving the XR-E harder, or by converting the MPP-1 to either a XP-G2 or a XM-L2. I’ve also had thoughts towards such, but when I look at the drop-in, I can see that there isn’t enough meat to sustain a highly driven XP-G2 or XM-L2.

(pic from Foy’s awesome review: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/2448 )

What we need is some proper replacement drop-ins/pill similar to what this guy did:

(full thread: http://www.taschenlampen-forum.de/fritz-moddings/5414-solarforce-masterpiece-1-pro-xm-l.html )

I’ve spoken to vestureofblood, and he would be willing to make us these pills if there is enough interest. The pills would be empty, and I assume vestureofblood would be able to make them in either aluminium or copper.

So, how many of you have been thinking/wishing you had spare MPP-1 pills with which you can create different thrower setups and play around with? Put up your hands now 8)

If you dont mind a larger host, buy one of these and you might get rid of all your p60 hosts. The p60 pill screws directly into a thick hefty chunk of aluminum on the TF-R2 head and it has substantial surface area to transfer heat to the air… not something thin small and nearly useless for heat transfer, like the rest of the p60 hosts ive tossed.:Sp I did and now Im down to just 2 p60 hosts… that never get used any more.:bigsmile: The best part is that it makes the P60 pill a true quick-swap without the need for any tools. Just unscrew the pill and and replace with another.

The reflector is roughly C8 size but deeper.

Plenty of SF fans out there. I no longer can find my Pro 1 head, but I have a M8 and Pro2 head/units that would get used alot more w some updating…whole new can of worms there (Pro 2 is MC-E and OP reflector)…

The Masterpiece Pro-2 uses a different reflector / drop-in design than the Pro-1:

So I’m afraid these drop-ins won’t fit the MPP-2:

Hi,

the beam is ok but not really great.
If you have fun modding the light and nothing to do I would recommend the mod, otherwise I would say buy a new host…

I also bored up the reflector because the beam with the small hole in it was really awful.

Regards
Fritz

Hi Fritz,
Thanx for your comments and inputs.
So the reflector needs to be modified or replaced in order to use the light with XM-L?
Will XP-E or XP-G work as a straight LED swop-out?