Texas_Ace BLF Calibrated Lumen tube / Sphere No math skills needed - Several spheres still available

I read Maukka sold one set of calibrated lights already. Are you the lucky one that bought it? If so, I’m curious what is Maukka’s measurements for those calibrated lights and what measurements did you get from the TA tube? With the correction factor, there are ways to calibrate the tube to match those calibration lights.

If you didn’t get the Maukka calibrated lights, then we cannot use it for reference. Even the three Zebralight SC5W II bought at about the same time tested a whopping 40% difference in output. Maukka also posted that even two units of the same model light can vary more than 20% output

:person_facepalming: … Sorry, that sums it up for me. The lad does not even know what he has from maukka & from what he has written here, not much idea what he is talking about in general.

BUT…
…Much worse than any of that is he is to ’proud’ to even realize or admit it. :frowning:

The 1301 is a designation number for the specific light, not the lumen reading. The lumen reading on that light is 270 lumens at 30s.

Each of his calibration lights will have a different designation number with a corresponding report:

Maukka will test each individual light and provide detailed reports of his measurements
https://imgur.com/a/lTYsB7K

With the money TA refunded you, you can buy a Maukka calibration light for 64 € so we can scientifically resolve this issue.

Also TA asked if you have a Fenix light because Fenix lights are known to be consistent with ANSI standards. The same for Maukka’s calibration lights.

emarkd…. it appears he has already done that. He got set & light # 1301 was part of it

1301 was & is not a lumen rating as he posted. It was a light number in the set he got from maukka.

Remember a while back maukka said one set was ready out the door.
EDIT: KG_Turning Does Not have a calibrated light from maukka. I misread his reply above. My bad.

No… he doesn’t have any calibrated light from Maukka. His S2+ are just straight from banggood. See quote below

He just quickly glanced at Maukka’s thread and saw Calibrated light number: 1301 and assumed that it was 1301 lumens.

Let’s leave complex lumen measurement aside. Simply use Lux app & celing bounce Lux# to test which light is brighter.
Maukka has confirm SC600w HI Mk3 measured within 0.5% of Zebralight’s claim of 1126 lumens at 30 seconds.
If SC600w HI Mk3 measured celing bounce # = 70= 1126 lumens
BLF X5 measured celing bounce # = 56= ?? lumens
No way BLF X5 is 1400 lumens as Manufacturer claim, 1200 lumens is not even close. 920 Lumens you measured by TA tube just about right. This good example many manufacturers marking exceed lumen# for selling purpose! I rest my case!!

https://youtu.be/W71NY-InPLM](https://i.imgur.com/VXqj67p.jpg)

BTW, TA tube measured BLF Q8 for 4800 lumens is also match with Maukka’s #.
*Output on max
Samsung 25R button top
0 sec: 5177 lm
30 sec: 4897 lm
60 sec: 4767 lm

Intensity at 30 sec: 49850 cd

edit: new lumen numbers after cleaning and tightening contacts*

You are correct severide!! I misread what he said. :person_facepalming: My bad…. :smiley:
Either way… this is getting more & more bizzare.

Ok… kg got two convoy. One is 1067 lumen and other one is 840 lumen…

Beats me, your guess is as good as any. :slight_smile:

He posted the below quote above. But I think we eliminated the “1301 lumen model”. I shall put a line thru it in the quote.

My head hurts. :smiley: :smiley:

His point was to show how Maukka got higher than factory readings on the S2+ and how low the TA tube reading was and how it’s way more than 14% off… but yeah he used a wildly inaccurate figure as his control.

Hey kg, can you show us a video of measuring your acebeam x45 with the TA tube?

OH…. OK. :+1: … :smiley: :smiley:

As my ole’ granpappy would have said about the point GK was apparently trying to make…….

He really screwed the pooch on that one…… :wink:

RIP Granpappy…… :wink:

First off thanks everyone for the support. I really appreciate it.

Second, I think it is time to put this to rest and let everyone cool down. As most of you know, I am never a fan of things getting personal and tempers are flaring right now and when that happens nothing good ever comes out of it.

So I am not going to bother responding to the latest posts, there is enough information in this thread for people to make their own decisions.

KG has a right to his opinion, if he gets verifiable proof that the calibration is off, I will gladly work with him to correct it, even now.

At this point no such proof has been given much less data to try to figure out what the issue is so there is simply nothing I can do to fix the sphere should that be needed.

The $50 refund he agreed to I thought was enough to make him happy, all he had to do was say he wanted more or something else and I would of done everything possible to make it right.

From the data I have seen so far, the majority of the comparable data matches up well within reason with others measurements.

He showed that the sphere is indeed linear so if it reads correctly at low outputs, then it should read correctly at high outputs.

It matches up well with readings from both throwers and flooders, so the beam shape also does not appear to be a factor.

The only real problem is a few known under-preforming lights are getting readings that are too low (even for the under preforming levels).

Without more data there is simply no way to figure out why they are reading low. I would really like to figure out why they are reading how they are but that requires testing and data that have not been provided.

Unless that happens there is nothing more I can do about the matter.

So with that in mind, SB, could you please lock this thread and let it cool off?

I honestly do not see any mad…. it has just got to be ironically funny at this point.

We have been call liars, fanboys, accused of being dumb, accused of getting kickbacks on tube sales, etc., etc.

It is obvious what the problem is in this situation to any who reads through it.

And yet…. here we still are, all smiles & ready to help if he would but ask. :wink:

Edit for spelling correction. Do not want to appear a dumb “teacher”. :wink: :smiley:

Support TA

Before order
We know in advance that this is just a toy.

but

This is an amazing toy.

:beer:

Indeed, I would be happy to work with him to figure this out if he would work with us instead of against us.

I have never said the sphere is fool proof or perfect, it is not perfect.

It is a $100 version of a $10,000 device, it will of course have to give something up to be that much cheaper. Perfection is just the first thing on that list.

I am thus far quite impressed with how well it has done given the price point though.

It’s a pity if we kill this thread simply because of this. I can see many folks here will post great information/data in the months or years to come that can greatly benefit the community. I’m sure once we get Maukka’s light, there will be some new constructive activity on this thread. Also posting in this thread is the best way to obtain product support.

Yea i am very happy with the TA tube… the best $200 i have ever spent. I tested flood and even the extreme thrower lights and they all seem to give great results.

No more ceiling bounce test for me… lol.

I know you would & I honestly hope it will come go that. Where whatever the discrepancy may be can be addressed & resolved.
That would be the best case scenario by far.

That said… I am extremely happy with the results I am getting from my tube.

I have learned a lot reading this thread also…… keep it open. :wink:

Thread closed until tempers cool.