Texas_Ace MT09R Modding thread, 20k+ lumens, 80CRI, can start fires? Yes please.

Yes, While the supplies of these discounted hosts lasts, I think he only has around 8-10 left last I checked.

question please: this is without spring bypasses?

Ok, Another one down, this one is a blue one for BT100.

He wanted the “TA special”. 4000k 80CRI, spring bypasses, TA driver, 50% ramp, Tailcap washer.

Final result is just over 20k lumens using the new system (basically average compared to the old system).

Only the driver spring bypassed, that is worth about 1-2k lumens easy by itself.

I was debating weather I should start rating lights into 500 lumen bins instead of sticking to 1k. It was a hard choice between 18.5K and 19k on that light, it was right between them. I stuck with the 1K bins for now.

I just swapped a battery tube with bypasses into that light and tested again and it is now doing a solid 20k lumens, it does not seem to gain a lot from spring bypasses. Most likely due to a higher forward voltage.

The 80cri 4000k LED’s gain upwards of 5-6k lumens with the bypasses with the other tints coming between the 2.

Ok, this looks like the last light I can do at the moment. I am waiting for some 3000k LED’s for one other light here and then I have a few that the owners have not decided what they want to do with them yet.

This one is for SSSChen, he got an MT03 XHP70.2 NW and just wanted a TA driver with spring bypasses and tailcap washer.

The numbers are very close to the MT09 with stock LED’s, I am guessing they are the same LED’s. Just under 20k lumens with the spring bypasses.

The OP reflector on the MT03 makes the tint look better on this light.

I will get these packed up and shipped out tomorrow and then I am going to focus on the Spheres for the next few days, try to get some progress on there so they will be ready when the meters show up.

I just saw toykeeper posted a working version of Anduril for the BLF GT. Would that version work on this light?

I am using lg mj1 on my haikelite mt09rTA triple xhp35… am i getting all the lumen output from lg mj1? Thanks.

Thanks for the heads up, if that was not in the GT thread I would of missed it (the only other thread I read besides my own, although technically that is mind too at this point lol), I was talking via PM with TK about that. She is working on a version that might work with these drivers. I hope to have time to try them out in a few days after I get the spheres a bit further along.

The MJ1 is the 3500ma cell correct? Like the GA’s?

In that case no, they will not be giving max power, they will also likely be going over the rated current of the cells but generally not for long enough to cause damage.

The LG HG2, 30Q, any VTC cell are good options for max power on these lights.

That said, I generally run GA’s on my personal light to trade off peak brightness for longer runtimes. Particularly if you don’t use turbo much this would be perfectly fine.

I am about to order a bunch of new cells as soon as I make sure I have enough funds to finish the spheres people have paid for. I am completely out of spare high drain cells now.

Thanks. I will switch to vtc5a ASAP.

Why not use the VTC5D instead of VTC5A? My VTC5D came today.

I bought 5 piece to test it out… so yea.

Just a heads up these guys have the button tops at a killer price right now... No clue how many they have left. https://liionwholesale.com/products/samsung-inr18650-30q-battery-15a-3000mah-button-top-wholesale-discount-genuine-and-tested?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=35782220241&gclid=CjwKCAjww6XXBRByEiwAM-ZUIEh3REk_XxUbVHfVYrbz3ZcKFLU_6OBY2PPNq5-93vvP7FHGmtahOhoCyLsQAvD_BwE

I just tested the 2800mah rated VTC5D on my Xtar Dragon VP4 Plus with discharge at 1A and got these values 2855mah, 2775 mah, 2842 mah, 2866 mah. They are about 300-350mah less than the Haikelite included VTC6 button tops.

I tested performance of the VTC5D vs VTC6 using ceiling bounce
410lux vs 390lux Emisar D4
345lux vs 320lux Sofirn C8A

Both cells fully charged, the VTC5D has a clear lead in performance. Now I can’t wait to get my hands on some VTC6A

Thank you. So this Sony vct5d beats vtc6.

So my friend got his modded MT09R from HaikeLite that tested 20k lumens. He said his light doesn’t even make cardboard smoking when the lens is touching the item…
He’s using Sony VTC5A on 4.20v fully charged. Guys got any clues? My MT03 would get things smoking with 50% ramp but his isn’t doing anything on turbo. The light has TA driver already and has stock emitters which is still good for at least 19k lumens

We all know it’s now the right way of using flashlight… but he just want to try and see if it actually doe get papers light up… and it doesn’t

Is he trying to burn cardboard? Try it on some black paper or some black surfaces with thin paper. Cardboard is much harder to burn than other kinds of paper fibers.

That’ll work easily. It does on my BLF Q8 :smiling_imp:

My MT03 with 50% ramp about 10~11k lumens would get cardboard smoking up. He doesn’t even have smokes lol.

My mt09r did… you just have to use thinner paper…

Try using your light on the same cardboard he uses.

Although I would not advise doing this for… safety reasons.