Texas_Ace MT09R Modding thread, 20k+ lumens, 80CRI, can start fires? Yes please.

Much better focus. I’m surprised how dim the C8F looks in your video compared to the others. It’s supposed to be a small hotrod measuring close to 3000 lumens.

Mostly I am trying to shine the hotspot at the trees, any ground light up is mostly spill. For a moment, the C8 points at the ground, then at the trees, but it lacks the spill of some of the others I think.

Here is just a short Sofirn C8F vid:

Oh gotcha. It’s pretty bright when it’s aimed at the floor.

Thanks jason. This is very nice.

Very nice comparison, that really is the difference that the high CRI 4000k makes, it just brings everything to life. That is why it is my go to LED, the fact it makes almost as many lumens as the P2 LED’s is a bonus. I would use it even if it was significantly less lumens

Thanks for helping each other out everyone. Sunday is my day off.

I am back hard at work today and I finally have the sphere parts all in production and not much I can do with those until they are finished.

So that means the next few days is overtime working on modding lights!

Here are the lights I got in on Friday:

I expect several more over the next few days. I am hoping to finish all the light mods this week so I can focus on the spheres once the final parts show up.

Ok, I am matching up lights from Terry with orders I got and need help matching a few people.

Please PM me (preferably with a reply to the existing PM’s we had in the past) if any of these match you

Person 1: Has camaro and gmail in the email address

Person 2: Has Straw and Gmail in the email address

Also, I will be placing another LED order later today if anyone is planning on making an order soon.

Let the modding begin!

This latest batch appears to be yet a different batch, several minor changes from past lights yet again. They do not have nearly enough greese on the threads either but I am out of silicone grease myself so I recommend that everyone adds some to the threads when you can. I have some silicone grease ordered and will lube the lights I get after I have it.

First 2 mods for the Day goes to Shirhask, the first one is a blue light with the N4 5000k LED’s, 50% ramp, tailcap washer, spring bypasses and sliced domes. Not the best slices I have ever done but they work well, the 3 LED’s being so close to each other makes it difficult and then the power wires themselves are in the way from the other direction.

Now that I have my LX1330B meter I can get some throw readings finally.

Final numbers for this light are 17k lumens, 140kcd for a total of 750m of throw

So looks like my estimate of 10-15% losses with the sliced dome are pretty close.

The next light is a Green light also for Shirhask, this one with the 80CRI 4000k LED’s 50% ramp, tailcap washer, spring bypasses and sliced domes.

This light is doing 18k lumens, and the same 140kcd and 750m of throw with the new system.

So about right for 15% losses.

The tint does noticeably shift warmer and just a tad to the yellow side on both LED’s. The NW LED shifts about ~500k warmer I would say but the 4000k 80cri shifts a bit more, closer to 1000k if I had to guess. It is firmly a warm white light after the dome slice.

The spot size is noticeably smaller naturally.

For reference my own MT09R with 80CRI 4000k LED’s with the domes on is doing ~20.5k lumens with the new system and 90Kcd for 600m of throw.

So the ~50% gains in lux I saw on the GT with slicing the domes is seeming to prove out here as well.

I have another NW light here that wants to keep the stock LED’s, I am curious to see what the results are with this batch. My guess is the “good” NW LED’s are around an N2 or N4 bin.

Is the stock neutral white light a blue?

If so, I’m excited :laughing:

Could you post a few pictures of both lights’ beam shots on a white wall.
Set WB to 5000k if the camra has manual adjustment. Thanks!

Yes, pretty sure it is your light.

I will try to get some beamshots tonight, it depends how late I work on these mods.

Did you get a respond from Toykeeper? Is so, an Anduril flash would be welcome if it’s actually possible on a 6V light.

I did get a response yesterday, as I suspected it is not possible on a 6V light at this time. She said it is on her to do list though.

Once that is ready she will send me the heck file and I will try it out.

I was just informed of a family event this evening that I was not aware of. So looks like I will have to stop after I finish the light I am working on now for today. I was hoping to get 5 done today, oh well.

One last thing before you go: what kind of firmware other than NarsilM could you flash? Because I know NarsilM is very feature rich, so not many options to flash, and not that useful.

Honestly I gave up even messing with any other e-switch firmware since moving to Narsil.

I don’t even know what else is out there.

Ok thank you. Looking forward to the light.

Have fun at the family event.

The last one of the night goes to person 1 above:

He wanted 5700k, 100% ramp, tailcap washer, spring bypass and dedome.

The 5700k do not look nearly as good dedomed. While the others just got warmer or maybe a little more yellow, this one took on a little green hue, not unbearable but there.

Numbers are like the others, 20k lumens and 145Kcd / 760m of throw.

I will try to get these shipped out tomorrow and gonna try to finish up the remaining mods tomorrow.

Thanks TA, I’m happy with those results - about what I expected. :laughing: