Texas_Ace MT09R Modding thread, 20k+ lumens, 80CRI, can start fires? Yes please.

Thanks for posting. I just bought 4x of the VTC5D. From one test review online, it seems to perform the same as the VTC6A I’ve been waiting forever to be released. I also bought 4x of the Keeppower VTC6 protected button top cells. They seem to be the only vendor in the US that are selling these two battery types.

Good comparisons again but seems like this video was out of focus compared to your previous video.

I bought 5 of those. Will see how they preform.

So VTC5D perform better than VTC5A? I guess that’s one reason why VTC5A is on sale now.
Also, is illumn a reliable source for batteries?

We dont know yet… no info available yet on the lygte.

https://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Common18650comparator.php

Well according to ECF, it does beat the VTC5A. But I already posted in the HKJ review request thread to see if he can review it.

Yes, chargers as well.

Wow. Thats great.

I buy most of my batteries from illumn… they only sell authentic. Mtnelectronics.com is good too.

Thanks guys! now I can add another web source into my list for price comparisons!

Mtn Elec (Utah) and Liion Wholesale (Pennsylvania) are both reliable and are sponsors here.
Illumn (California) and IMR Batteries (Texas) are also good battety sources in the USA.

Thanks jason… what is your favorite 26650?

I think shockli imr 26650 5500mah is the current best one in the market… anyone favori5e 26650?

The Shokli is pretty fat and doesn’t fit a lot of lights. Including the Convoy L6.

I use the Liitokala blue and black 5000mah in my L6.

Really? Shockli 26650 fits 98% of my light… humm… jason, i bet you been buying alot of budget lights. Just kidding.

I don’t buy a lot of lights. I tend to either buy or build a light to fit a specific need.

My main light that I use 26650 in is the L6 and when I heard the shokli 5500mah is too big for it, I lost interest in that cell. (The KeepPower 6000mah as well, since it’s believed to be the same cell)

So if the lights you own can fit the shokli, then it seems like a good choice.

BTW, the small difference in capacity between these two 26650 cells is negligible in my opinion, so I’ll stick with what works for me.

Maybe by the time I wear out my Liitokala cells, one of the big four battery companies will be making a 26650. Then we will get the same power density as the 18650 and 21700. :+1:

How much amps do I need? For modded lights.

For example
Xpl dedome
Xhp70.2
Xhp 35
Xpl hi

Today is a nice day out with no rain nor fog… and the beam shot look so much better and clear!
I did my best to adjust the camera to what my eyes are seeing.

Note: last 2 photo I let the camera adjust it, real image I see is much brighter, but it’s a good comparison of stock and modded

Again this is MT03 with fully TA build.

Control:

Shot #1- pointing close to me

Shot #2- tree that’s 213ft away

Now here is a stock MT03 with CW (9000 lumen)

TA mod at the same spot!

Beam shot video:
ISO and White balance adjusted, focused this time…ha!
Special guest star…Sofirn C8F

Thanks for the feed back!

That depends on a lot of factors. With a FET driver the emitter needs to be matched in advance with a certain battery so as not to draw too much amperage and burn it up.

Maybe it’s easier if I just list the max amperage each of those emitters can handle. These have all been tested by multiple different people and this is just a general limit.

Xpl/Xm-L2/SST40 - 7A to 8A at 3v
Xpl2 - 10A
Xhp70.2 - 20A to 22A at 6v (basically 40A at 3v since it’s 4 xpl2 dies)
Xhp 35 - 2.5A to 3A at 12v

The stock MT03 looks so weak in comparison to the MT03TA!