Texas_Ace MT09R Modding thread, 20k+ lumens, 80CRI, can start fires? Yes please.

So my MT03 currently has the highest lumen output of 22k on the new system? :open_mouth:

Thus far that would be correct.

Only 20k lumen, I think I got ripped off. Ha Ha. I believe this is mine, can’t wait.

Those are some awesome numbers! I would imagine you would be using the same kind of batteries for each test. What kind of batteries are you using? It would be interesting to see the different outputs between the same light and different batteries (if there would even be a difference in output).

TA is busy. He got my 22 Sony vtc 5a/6 to solder blop. Yay.

I don’t have many numbers on hand but I know that 26F cells will only do about 12k lumens vs the 22k lumens with 30Q’s.

I am actually in a bit of a bind right now, I sold my 2 sets of high drain cells with the XHP70.2 GT I sold the other day (Still got 1 XHP70.2 GT left BTW for anyone interested) so I am having to scavenge cells from other lights. I have some 30Q’s on order but no idea when they will get here.

Why not get VTC5A I think it’s a 30A battery.

Money.

Or more accurately the lack of it lol.

those are fine cells, although I generally prefer the 3000ma cells, I find I would prefer longer runtime to a few extra lumens in most cases.

They are actually on sale now for $5.99 a piece or something

VTC5A is slightly better at holding it’s voltage. It also runs cooler while being discharged. So, it could help the light to run a bit brighter & cooler(albeit likely only a small difference). It only really has an advantage of the highest modes for the first few minutes until Voltage Sag about 3.9-3.8V, then the VTC6 & q30 holds its voltage better for the rest of the discharge. At this point, both VTC6 & q30 will run longer & brighter then VTC5A.
For now, both VTC6 & q30 are good enough for me. I’ll patiently wait for VTC6A & not to waste my money for VTC5A/D.

I am also curious how the latest batch of stock NW LED’s are performing. Please post the results when you find out. It will help me make up my mind whether or not to upgrade the LED’s in mine. Thanks

Yep, I will post the results for sure. I hope to finish off the lights I have on hand today so I can work on getting the final parts for the spheres tomorrow.

Ok, a lot have asked for these results, this latest batch does appear to have the “good” NW XHP70.2 LED’s.

The first light of the day is going to BlueSwordM and he just wanted a TA driver install + tailcap washer (I forgot it at first and the first time I tried to screw on the tailcap it was blatantly obvious I had forgotten, this is how I make sure I install it in every light lol).

So with just the TA driver upgrade this light is now doing 19K lumens, not bad at all. The tint is pretty good as well, a tad cooler then most 5000k but still a nice NW tint.

Overall a good budget option for those that are not after 80CRI or a particular tint. Personally I much prefer the 80cri but then I will gladly trade lumens for tint, in this case you just don’t have to chose, you get the lumens and the tint.

That is not bad at all! 19k just with the driver. So we are looking at about $145-$150 for 19k lumen light

Yes, While the supplies of these discounted hosts lasts, I think he only has around 8-10 left last I checked.

question please: this is without spring bypasses?

Ok, Another one down, this one is a blue one for BT100.

He wanted the “TA special”. 4000k 80CRI, spring bypasses, TA driver, 50% ramp, Tailcap washer.

Final result is just over 20k lumens using the new system (basically average compared to the old system).

Only the driver spring bypassed, that is worth about 1-2k lumens easy by itself.

I was debating weather I should start rating lights into 500 lumen bins instead of sticking to 1k. It was a hard choice between 18.5K and 19k on that light, it was right between them. I stuck with the 1K bins for now.

I just swapped a battery tube with bypasses into that light and tested again and it is now doing a solid 20k lumens, it does not seem to gain a lot from spring bypasses. Most likely due to a higher forward voltage.

The 80cri 4000k LED’s gain upwards of 5-6k lumens with the bypasses with the other tints coming between the 2.

Ok, this looks like the last light I can do at the moment. I am waiting for some 3000k LED’s for one other light here and then I have a few that the owners have not decided what they want to do with them yet.

This one is for SSSChen, he got an MT03 XHP70.2 NW and just wanted a TA driver with spring bypasses and tailcap washer.

The numbers are very close to the MT09 with stock LED’s, I am guessing they are the same LED’s. Just under 20k lumens with the spring bypasses.

The OP reflector on the MT03 makes the tint look better on this light.

I will get these packed up and shipped out tomorrow and then I am going to focus on the Spheres for the next few days, try to get some progress on there so they will be ready when the meters show up.

I just saw toykeeper posted a working version of Anduril for the BLF GT. Would that version work on this light?