Texas_Ace MT09R Modding thread, 20k+ lumens, 80CRI, can start fires? Yes please.

Sweet explanation, thanks! After I get bored with the Q8, I think my next light might just be a TA modded MT03. I mostly use my lights for camping, hiking, and power outages at home. I feel a flooder is the ticket for me.

Good explanation. I didn’t know the L6 can throw more than the MT07S. Isn’t the L6 reflector smaller? Dedoming is an interesting option but I’m afraid it may result in an ugly green/yellow tint. I read on BLF someone use Toulene to dedome and the resulting tint didn’t turn yellow.

Thanks alot for the video. I have all of these lights except the Q8. I like the MT03 for indoor use and for working in small spaces outdoors (e.g., back yard). I’m impressed how smooth the flood beam is on the MT03. It is really high quality and the light is evenly distributed. For the MT09R, I put on DC-FIX and it makes the spill even wider than the MT03 (but dimmer spill) and still maintains a strong hotspot for good throw. For me, that is the best beam. The wide spill is great for walking at night and still has a large hotspot so I can see what’s coming up ahead.

Thanks everyone for the comments! glad I can contribute…it was just a quick vid…I’ll go out tonight and try adjusting my phone cam to manual and see if I can get some better video.

Hey, what’s this DC Fix you speak of?

I just got my MT03 back! And I can’t wait for the dark now lol.
And I notice the switch is lit up when light is off. And when light is on the blue light is off now .Is this part of the mod? :open_mouth:

clear vinyl stickum

https://www.amazon.com/d-c-fix-Self-Adhesive-Film-Milky-346-8052/dp/B002YKL2WO/ref=pd_ybh_a_22?\_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=S4EPF032MFMRS5G343CX

ya…you can shut it off in various ways though

check advanced configuration modes

username Boaz sells this in our Forum! The stuff is excellent.

Just trying this for once… to make sure it’s working “properly” lol … HOLY SH*T!! This is insane!
I’ll do beam shots when it gets dark here…

Yes. I saw that on my mt09r xhp70.2.

This is normal, it is the indicator LED function, so that you can find the switch/light in the dark. It uses a very small amount of power, even with it on the total parasitic drain is around 110ua (0.11ma). Which is several years before it drains the battery.

As was said, you can disable it in the menu if you desire.

Did I forget the spring bypass your tailcap? Strange I could of sworn I did all of them.

If I missed it let me know and I will pay for you to ship it back to me to take care of it.

Very nice, we are going to start a new fad before long, well at least we are not lighting out balls on fire :person_facepalming:

How do we know if the light is a good light?
Lumens? No
Throw? No
CRI? Not really
How long it takes to set newspapers on fire? YES!

Ok, I was hoping to start working on the mods today but I remembered that saturday is usually slower at the laser cutter and that I should try to get that taken care of for the spheres.

So I spent the morning working on the CAD designs for the 4” sphere centering rings, then most of the afternoon at the laser cutter getting the diffusers cut.

I also picked up the first batch of 3” centering rings. They are taking a lot longer then expected due to all the labor involved with printing 200 rings. It takes 2 batches for the 3.5” and only 1 of the 4.5” fits at a time, so 6 batches for it. They are quite a bit more expensive then planned due to this.

Could almost just buy a 3D printer, which I considered but I have also heard many stories about getting what you pay for.

Can Prevent Flashlight Fires!

That light looks to have 4 x xpl.

Someone modded my tn40 with the xhp70/70.2. I never impress the lumen or the beam profile… i dont know why…