Texas_Ace MT09R Modding thread, 20k+ lumens, 80CRI, can start fires? Yes please.

Read the description that light does not have a driver... There are 2 separate listings for the MT09R 70.2 the one you just posted is without the driver.

Agreed the ratings are misleading. I was just saying that the performance looks like a VTC6 cell under the warper.

Drivers will need to be ordered from TA or I can ship the purchase to TA for anyone ordering and you can have him install the driver.

Having him do the install also keeps your warranty.

Glad you like it! Thats why I am doing this to spread some light into the world.

Dedome shift the tint quality. It doesnt matter xhp70 or 70.2. No dedome 70.2 for me. Lol.

Not all the led are equal.
Thrunite Tc20 cw xhp70.2
Lumintop odf30 cw xhp70.2

I experience tc20 have hint of green… maybe i should stop shining at the white wall…

Wait, so the option of choosing green and TA 20k under the $120 isn’t modded?
Well then… that was so much in confusion, now my buddy doesn’t want it anymore… I’ll send you a pm.

I have no idea what springs are in these lights, I have no idea where to buy them.

I am pretty sure these are just steel springs with some form of coating. They are pretty strong though and seem to be able to handle about ~10A.

Generally for a 100W light that is not 12V, you will need to bypass the springs. or use double springs. A single spring is only good for around ~10A max, with most less then that.

Yes, these lights do gain quite a bit with the bypasses, that is why all but 2 or 3 of them had the bypasses done.

I have no clue how that is showing but I can promise you that no light with a driver will be sold at that price.

If you would like it shipped to TA for a driver I will be happy to ship it to TA or you can order one from him and install it... They are pretty easy to install..

The 70.2 with the driver installed is a totally separate listing that was only added a few hours ago. It and will sell for no less than $150.00. I installed the spring and did the bypass myself. It is a 20k lumen light but the one ordered is without a driver.

I would think $120 mt09r cane with TA installed… it is clearly stated. Anyway…

If you go look on the website you will see it is not...

I have n o idea how that shows that from the screen shot. but there is a separate for the one including the driver.. Here are both.

https://hesaidshesaidsales.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fhaikelite-mt09r-triple-cree-702

https://hesaidshesaidsales.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fhaikelite-mt09r-702-new-ta-driver-with-spring-bypass-already-installed

I don’t think you read the description.

That’s what I thought too and it is on my recept saying it has TA already installed in the item description from paypal lol.

We don’t have to read… this is what it is saying… customers buy product with their eyes.

If it does then that is a Go Daddy mistake... No way I can sell complete with the driver for 120.00 I know you guys may not believe it but I am making very little from these.

At 150.00 complete with the driver I make 20.00 after shipping...

I will be happy to ship it to TA or ship it to you if you would prefer to install the driver. I don't have another TA driver that I could even sell to you or anyone..

I have to order those one at a time just like everyone else.

Seeing as the MT09R sales are not directly part of this modding thread, would it be possible to move this discussion to another thread or PM’s?

Well yea… it was a mistake by the website. I am not looking to get a great deal. Lets move on.

Sorry TA. We like to talk about modding only.

I have tried 10 times now to get that same thing to show on a sale and it will not show up..

I can either ship it to TA or to the customer...

Or they can wait 72 hours while I transfer the money from my bank back to PayPal and refund it. Which by the way is also against the sites policy.

But if it was a mistake I will do that... But like I said it really will take up to 3 days for me to transfer the money from my banks account back to PayPal for the refund.

All of that will also cost me about 8.00

LOL okay so where do you want it shipped... I do really need to know that... I have a shipment going out to TA in the morning so I can easily add it to that.

Or I can ship it to the address from the order either way is fine... Those drivers are really not hard at all to install..

Not a problem, I can’t judge, I have derailed and taken more threads off topic in my time then I could even start to count.

I’m just trying to help.
If you scroll down a little more you will see that the description says it does not come with a driver.

This means the title does not match the description. You should raise an eyebrow and say “Hmmm, which is correct? Maybe I should ask the seller to clarify before buying.”

I see this all the time on ebay and online stores in general. If there is any discrepancy you should always ask before assuming.

Usually a discrepancy is just due to an accident or error in translation, but sometimes a seller will word their ad in a certain way in order to try and deceive the buyer.

Terry seems to be a good guy, so I think his ad was just a mistake in the title that made it seem like the driver was included. I’m sure he will give you a refund if you ask for it.