Texas_Ace MT09R Modding thread, 20k+ lumens, 80CRI, can start fires? Yes please.

It's okay.. I agreed to ship him the light complete with the driver. by the time I transfer all the money back from the bank and PayPal's cut I will lose either way.

He has not answered my message yet but he is getting the completed light.

Sorry TA

Let's move anything else to the MTO9R page guys...

Pretty sure we all have lol

Wow
 i found some car racing video on the youtube
 i didnt know TA is into car and racing
 nice

TA should mod some offroad light bar
 ha. That be fun.

Yeah there are some old videos floating around of a car meet I was in charge of filming. Sadly not my fastest cars or passes due to my car being in a “just spent the last 3 days getting it running and had no time to tune it so had to take it easy” but it was a fun night anyways.

I was prepared to crack 500whp on that motor which is enough power for low 10’s easy but the timing belt slipped before I finished tuning it. Then my buddy made 830whp in his MR2, so naturally I had to go for more. I set my goal at 1000whp to the wheels, I wanted to be the first to crack that in an MR2 but just never had the money. Still got the car though, I will do it some day.

Most of my races I went out of my way to make sure they were not posted on the internet lol. I used to have 4-7 cars at any given time for many years.

What car was that 500whp? And holy cow 830whp in a tiny MR2 turbo is insane! How does that little engine and drive train handle that kind of power. That’s like 400+hp per liter.

I suggested a while ago to TA to double the 8sec, because beginners changed the settings often at the first hands on. 16 seconds to enter CONFIGURATION from RAMPING should reduce the problem.
The rest I don’t know.

Joe

My MR2 was set to make a bit over 500whp with the build I had at the time (very simple build I got for a song, just a stock motor with forged pistons and a whole bunch of meth injection) but had some tuning issues that kept delaying the project. Then the timing belt slipped and put an end to it. I parted out the car planning to build my “real” motor but just never had the $30k it would cost so it has been in my driveway ever since.

830whp in the MR2 is indeed amazing but also amazingly useful. Most other cars with that kind of power, like supras for example you 1st - 3rd gear are basically throw away gears unless everything is just right. All you get is tire spin.

In the MR2 with all that weight in the back it would MOVE in 1st gear, still spinning but it was moving. By 2nd gear it was basically hooked up and gone. A truly insane feeling to put that kind of power down in the low gears. Massive drag radials helped of course.

The build to get that kind of power is not that complicated really, just costly since the MR2 is not very popular most parts are custom.

The engine was a basic stroker forged pistons / rods build internally. Then custom manifolds, 67mm turbo, E85 and all the supporting mods externally. Although the block cracked after ~5000 miles and a ton of abuse but that is a bit of a luck thing, some blocks handle more then others. Sleeving the block will fix the problem.

The transmission is a tank, the only upgrade needed is the diff.

The axles are the weak link, those have to be upgraded.

If it was a honda with mass produced parts you could get that power for $10k but being a toyota and needing custom parts you are looking at ~20k. My 1000whp build I plan to do right and I am guessing $30k plus. Basically the cost of a new car but this one will be faster then anything you can get off the lot.

Received my charger just now
woot! Thanks Terry and Dale!

(and Texas Ace for two spectacular mods!)

I actually purchased one of the chargers as well.

I have goofed around with it a bit but have not tested it's charging abilities yet.

TA.... hope it's okay...

Just wanted to let anyone still wanting a 70.2 model I now have only 4 left so you may want to get one pretty quick of it is something you are still just thinking about...

Can I see some photos?? I just bought xtar power bank too.

I can’t post photos
but looks exactly like others have posted. Black metal ring, with frosty plastic cap over the LED’s
micro usb on one side, reg size usb on the other
no cables, just the screw on cap charger.

here is another post with the charger
and scroll down

If we are talking about the Haikelite charger and they may not have been I just mentioned it.. it will be a couple of hours

. Super busy. There are some photos in the 09R thread I am pretty sure.

I have been kinda quite the last few days, been working on the mountain of spheres, they are way more work to calibrate then I had hoped.

Also been trying to build the used 2500k computer I got for my mom but it has been giving me trouble to the point I am thinking I will ditch it and go with a ryzen system (If anyone knows of a great deal on a Ryzen setup, let me know).

I did get in a few lights from Terry yesterday, I am almost out of drivers so I won’t be able to build them all right now I know that.

I won’t be able to build more drivers until next week at the earliest.

Just wanted to give everyone an update. I am still here and working.

Could someone with a Q8 and an MT09R post a couple of photos of them together for a size comparison?

I was describing the MT09R to a friend who owns a Q8 and a photo would be helpful.

I’ve seen this one from this post but am hoping for a pic of them tailstanding next to each other. Thanks!

Like this? You’re welcome. :beer: :stuck_out_tongue:

quick and dirty

This is excellent news! ToyKeeper’s AndĂșril UI is perfect for high-powered lights. I’ve been running it on my Q8s and Emisars for several months, and just got it onto my GT with the latest update last week.

AndĂșril was inspired by Narsil, and works very similarly. Anyone familiar with Narsil will quickly transition to AndĂșril.

One very important feature is being able to set where the ramp starts and stops, AKA the ramp floor and ramp ceiling. A double click from the ceiling jumps to turbo. This is similar to TA’s 50% ramp option, but the upper limit of the ramp can be changed at any time through the setup menu.

Another excellent feature is muggle mode. This disables all options except on/off and ramp up/down, and the ramp stops out at a moderate level. This makes lending the light to an inexperienced user more safe, although you should always supervise anyone using a high-powered light like this. To enter and exit muggle mode, click fast six times.

It also has lightning storm mode, candle mode, sunset mode, and adjustable-speed strobe modes. :partying_face:

AndĂșril and its features are discussed in this thread. Here’s a diagram of its features. It’s amazing what can be done with a single button!

I lol’ed! :laughing:

Good enough, thanks! :+1:

Here is my own pic.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet!