Texas_Ace MT09R Modding thread, 20k+ lumens, 80CRI, can start fires? Yes please.

Very good beam shots! So much light!

You must be very pleased with Texas Ace’s work!

You should feel very safe at night, everyone will run away scared!

TA sure turned the MT03 into a scary blaster!

He should just make ALL the flashlights from now on…

Updated beam shots.
ISO and White balance adjusted to better show tints. out of focus though, couldn’t tell at the time…will try again…

More MT03 and MT09r shots near the end (Texas Ace mods in both!)

Yes the MT03 is a monster flood light…. And I am very happy with it.
Don’t think I’ll be buying anymore lights until the next big boy come out… 50k lumens or nothing.
And after testing, MF01 would still reach farther but I don’t search or hunt so I would pick the flood light over others. And MT03 does the job exactly!

Got my MT03TA…dayum!

another incredible blaster!

So nice having like two different lights that are both awesome in their own way and just freakishly awesome anyway…good job!

The MT03TA is like that vial Frodo had from the elves…

Was awesome TA knew all about that stuff and could help me decide on some awesome choices!

Can someone please post a picture of the light next to a BLF Q8 so I can see the size difference?
Thank you!

here’s a pic i found on the interwebs:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRE0_NRkbTbk11Ri5KRB7Q5nR2hKrPTyQbnbgBAoRJ9IaBkC51m

Only 50k? :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

50k and the same size of Q8, X80 or MT03 lol. DX80 is too big and heavy

I want a D4 that will start a house on fire from 10yds away…

Let’s get to work on that please…

I’ll take 2 :smiling_imp:

Hmmm now I have a question on how useful is this light as a self defense if it’s the only item you have on hand…
I’ve seen people asking if their 500 or 1000 lumen would buy them time or not when it comes to dealing with aggressive dogs… the answer was a no.

Now how about a 22k lumens that can start a fire within seconds? Do you guys think it’s going to work? I know 22k on human they won’t know which planet they’re on but just curious about how animals such as dogs would react.

PS. Don’t try that and test on your dogs… just give me thoughts lol

Just put it in a pillowcase and swing it around…

My dog didn’t like the fast strobe…would turn from it…

You sure it wasn’t the pillowcase that it didn’t like? Lol
Jk… well, nice to know that dogs doesn’t like it.

I just asked a friend how would he use the light to protect himself from wild animal

he said:“ in extreme case such as a big cat or bear stalking you, is to take off your shirt and set your clothes on fire with flashlight and throw it at them…”
I think he won…

Thanks for posting. I just bought 4x of the VTC5D. From one test review online, it seems to perform the same as the VTC6A I’ve been waiting forever to be released. I also bought 4x of the Keeppower VTC6 protected button top cells. They seem to be the only vendor in the US that are selling these two battery types.

Good comparisons again but seems like this video was out of focus compared to your previous video.

I bought 5 of those. Will see how they preform.

So VTC5D perform better than VTC5A? I guess that’s one reason why VTC5A is on sale now.
Also, is illumn a reliable source for batteries?

We dont know yet… no info available yet on the lygte.

https://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Common18650comparator.php

Well according to ECF, it does beat the VTC5A. But I already posted in the HKJ review request thread to see if he can review it.

Yes, chargers as well.