Texas Avenger "TA" Driver series - Triple channel + Bistro or Narsil + Clicky or E-switch - The Ultimate open source driver!

10-4, thanks for the swift response!

Although doing it this way, the aux lighting will be on all the time, the driver will not be able to control it.

I have no idea how people are controlling the aux lighting with the driver itself if that is what you want, we are out of pins for that.

Have you heard or read of people doing that with the board?

I have not really paid attention, I have seen people do things like this but pretty sure they were using custom firmware that used the internal voltage reading and used the voltage resistor pads for the aux LED’s.

TA, do any of your drivers work in Nitecore piston drive lights, such as the D10 and D11? I’d love to get Narsil or Anduril running on them.

Not sure what you are talking about but if that is some kind of fancy switch then no, they only work with clicky or e-switches.

Ta,

Do you know what firmware is in the reylight 2.1? My max lumens is only a whopping 700-800 lumens. Cant get in to crack 3000 :slight_smile:

It’s stock Bistro TA according to Rey. Mine does better than 800 lumens on turbo, with 219Cs.

They said it’s a modified firmware from TA

Hard to know, then. Rey told me it wasn’t modified in a PM. Mine’s modified now, though!

TA stock Bistro has Turbo hidden and not in normal mode order!

long press from Moon

You are both right, it is the stock TA firmware from the OP but with reverse clicks disabled by default. So slightly modified.

For those on BLF, the stock firmware is just fine since we generally want reverse modes anyways.

Thanks, so just read up on stock narsil howto to figure out how to get into turbo?

I forgot if I changed the default mode group to include turbo in the main mode groups or not come to think of it. Seems like I did though, if so then the brightest mode is already turbo. I can’t remember if he wanted me to do that or not, I was worried about the temps with a titanium light + turbo.

Regardless you can enter the menu and then pick whatever mode group you want and/or re-enable the reverse modes so that you can access turbo with a reverse click from moon.

It’s only cranking out 800 lumens on high, I’ll look through the narsil documentation, thanks!

Ok, then most likely it is just the 7135 bank mode.

Also it is running bistro, not narsil. The manual should be included in the download link in the OP IIRC. I know the mode groups are in there.

Oops thanks for clarification sounds good

Do TA drivers work with 4S batteries and leds? I have soldered a driver that only gives a short blink when connecting 4S batteries to 4S leds and lets the leds light up if I connect 3S to 4S.

If you use one of the LDO drivers and the correct components for 4S voltage, then yes it can work with 4S. The GT70 is a TA driver running at 4S voltage for example.

Reylight Dawn comes in muggle mode by default.