TF 3000 18650 batteries just arrived.

Seems like a real world way to do things .

I ordered mine on the 10th and no sign of them yet.....

Dispatched Jan 9 received today Jan 27....18 days woooooohhh

Purrty little jewels....Laughing

This gives you a clue:

TF3k is able to provide more current than TF2k4. -> Light is brighter and lasts equal amount of time.

Or so it seems to me. I'm too lazy to go find the proper formula for this.

BTW, it's Ohm's law. If someone finds a proper formula for this, please post it.

Viktor

Hard to tell with these kinds of battries as most of them dont have a "c" rating.

mAh x c = max amps

I dont acctually remember what the c stands for (current?), but mAh is like a fuel tank and c is the delivery system, it only lets so much pass through.

If it lets more pass through (higher c rating) it will be faster/brighter/stronger/whatever but not necessarily have a longer run time.

I know I suck at explaining but I had the same thing explained to me this way about RC car batteries.

Q = t × I

Q is capacity at 1 A

C is time in hours

I is current in amperes

So, roughly, or perhaps ideally, how long would a TF 2400mAh last at 1A?

Q = 2400mAh = 2.4Ah
I = 1A
--------------------
t = 2.4h

Of course, in real world things are not so simple, temperature plays a big part, variation in current, and even the formula is (from what I'm reading) slightly different at different current than 1A.

So, take this with a two grains of salt.

But you are correct with tank+pipe analogy. Battery is a tank that has a hole of certain size. It can only give as much liquid as the hole size, no more. Also, if you use a smaller pipe (than is the tank's hole) to deliver the liquid, it will take longer to empty the tank. Amount of liquid is almost constant. Unless you try compressing the air into tank to try to push liquid faster. Then some liquid can spill where your pipe is attached to the hole. If you push too hard, even worse things can happen.

Now, think of too high temperatures, pushing the batteries too far and all kinds of venting and explosions.

Use brain and stay safe. :)

Viktor