The 3 flashlights you really need and use

If I can’t call someone on my flashlight, why would I want to light up something with my cellphone?

Most cellphone “flashlights” suck anyway, to the point where people buy these doodads to turn what’s essentially a mule into something that barely has the beam and output of even my i1R2 (or whatever).

Eh. People who don’t know any better might, but…

And I feel self-conscious holding the phone in my mouth when needing both hands.
Thus the TUBE
All the Best,
Jeff

If you can call someone on your flashlight then i suggest going to your doctor for a full evaluation :smiley:

In my experience a cell phone puts out about 50 lumens of Zoomie light, no throw, no hotspot.
Its good to have, but its just one more low output light.
Given a choice i’m glad its there but i almost never use it, every other light beats it and i always have an EDC or keychain light or a house and car full of lights i reach for before the cell light.

1 EDC used to my my Nitecore EC23, but since I got my Emisar DT8 its been in my pocket since.
2 Keychain is my Nitecore Tiki. Real cool little light to have. I gave my wife and 2 daughters Tiki’s too. My wife was like, um, ok. But then one day she needed it and was telling me “Wow, that thing really puts out a lot of light. And gets hot too”
3 Headlight would be my Nitecore HC60. Its an older model, but it does the job well and I only have to put it on step 2 or 3 out of 5 for brightness.

A close 4th would be my D4SV2 with Osram W2’s. When I need to see farther but don’t need my K1, I break this one out.

Ugh. I hate accidentally tongue-dialling someone.

You remind me of this crazy story, which is very covid unfriendly:

Love the tan Convoy anodizing, its also smooth to the touch. Would definitely buy another M21A if there is a SFT-40 with 3000k one day.

1. Skilhunt M150 with legendary 219B 4500K
2. Skilhunt M200 with LH351D HiCRI
3. Zebralight SC700D

1. Convoy S21B (SST40) - bike light
2. Convoy M21B (GT FC40) - EDC
2a. Sofirn C10S - deep conceal/Sunday EDC
2b. Sofirn IF25 - other EDC
3. Sofirn SP36 (LH351D) - nightstand

There’s my contribution to the continuing redefinition of “3” :blush:

ETA:
4. YLP Panda 2M CRI or Manker E03H - headlamp(s)

For me the three are:
Nitecore Tip that I’ve carried for a while now.
Headlamp of choice is my Skilhunt H03.
and a to round things out, a Lumintop EDC18
These are good at covering the bases for most all the times I need a flashlight.

Well I generally find myself reaching for these the most:

Lumintop FWAA (love this thing-it usurped my SP10V3 and FET modded Thorfire TG06)

Cyansky HS6R headlamp OR Fireflies PL47G2

Astrolux Mf01 Mini for high output or Nightwatch NI03 Valkyrie

Convoy L21B for thrower with flood, Acebeam L18 OR L19 for throw.

If I need massive throw or light…WT90, Spfirn SP36 Pro, Thrunite TN50

I can see a new Tik-Tok sensation starting at any moment…
All the Best,
Jeff

Keychain: Rovyvon A5 (EDC)
Car: Zebralight SC700D
CCW: Streamlight TLR-8AG

Keys- Clone S11 like OP;

EDC- D4, 4000K in town, SC31 Pro on trips;

At home- S21A w/XHP50 & TIR

Thrower- If I'm going to need it, my L2, SST40, 6500K is it.

I tend to rotate between these lights.
Only the keychain and EDC light are always with me.
The throwers only go out of the house when needed.

Keychain: JETBeam Mini One or Nitecore TIKI LE

EDC: Zebralight SC6000w Mk IV HI or JETBeam Raptor RRT03 Nichia

Thrower: Manker U22iii SBT90.2 or SFT40

I’ve found my 4000K-4500K L6 to be very nice, with a lovely rosy tint. I’d guess it’s closer to 4500K than 4000K. The throw is quite impressive, and with an OP reflector like mine has, it’s quite a wide beam with a smooth transition to spill. The 1800K-2000K is going to be VERY warm, and I would like to try it. Although for me, a warmer colour temperature is preffered when out walking.

In an ideal world I’d love an L6 with all four colour temps haha! A man can dream

I’m sure someone can mod a L6 to add tint mixing, 4 SST20 stuck together, 2 in 6500k and 2 in 2700k. :smiley:

Im fine with 2. Wide beam headlamp and pocked size thrower.

Lumintop AA with 14500
Lumintop AAA
Astrolux A01, in my pocket all the time.

EDC: Manker E02 II
Dog walking: ZL SC600 w/ XHP50.3 HI 4500k (Bob_McBob modded)
Headlamp: ZL H600Fc with top head strap removed