The 6th Annual BLF / Old Lumens Scratch Made Light Contest

Yes, this is what I was getting at; a little more promotion of the event.

^ Agree 100%

Too few contestants this time.
Announce it earlier and more frequently in the future.

My build & build thread is now done.

Congrats to all of the other contestants :+1: :beer:

:+1:

Also completed my build .

Only 8hours, and counting now left to the official end of time. :wink:
Congrats to all who entered and completed.

Time is up! No more updates to build threads. (New comments allowed, but not taken into account when judging)

Judges will now do the scoring and return with results in roughly 2 weeks from now.

Meanwhile, please enjoy the build threads! Really nice content, again!

Thanks for the update the and congratulations to everyone for having a go :partying_face: :+1: :beer:

Yep. :slight_smile:

My congratulations to all contestants, if they finished or not! Thanks to _the_ for organization and thanks to all for the support I received! I had a lot of fun realizing my idea but it was also more work as expected. And pretty tight at the end. I'm considering building something less demanding if I participate next year. And I'm considering what to do right now with the now available spare time. Should ask the family ...

Edit:

... and thanks to the sponsors as well!

Congrats to all the participants on the 6th Old Lumens contest :wink:
It is great to see all your builds and to learn from them and your experiences/stories :blush:

Great work folks :+1:

:beer: Good work everyone, even to those that couldn’t quite finish. It was a pleasure to see all of the ideas and the labor that goes into making them a reality.

It was my first time entering and I had a blast. I’ve got all sorts of ideas for next year… is it too early to start dreaming things up? :smiley:

No dreams before September 1st, please! :wink:

:slight_smile:

I’m always dreaming…. often nothing comes of the dreams. :beer:

Who is judging us? Does it go to the BLF polls?

I believe the judges are anonymous. I think that is fine, OK.

I think we get to vote for a people’s choice about the time the winners are announced? Not sure when that happens for sure??
I see the contest announcement topic has been made sticky. Last years updated too. Thanks the :slight_smile:

That is cool i don’t mind who judges us its better it stays anonymous.

Yea i was wondering if there is a people choice award :smiley:

Maybe in 2 weeks when the winner is chosen?

Something like that. I think the posts a message in this topic with a link to the tpoic where we express our personal choice, so you should get a notification if you are subscribed to this topic. I think??

Right. There will be an official People’s Choice poll, but only after the judges are ready.

We don’t want to affect their scoring, don’t we? :slight_smile: