The 6th Annual BLF / Old Lumens Scratch Made Light Contest

Well, dangit. I really wanted to enter something in this year’s contest- had plenty of ideas,but never got started on anything. Just too many other obligations in life and very little spare time at the moment.

I am continually amazed at the entries…there are some very talented and imaginative people on this forum. It is pretty obvious that my plain Jane ideas would not fare to well against some of these entries haha! Though the fun for me would be in the building something useful, not the winning.

I feel the same way Mr Magoo, there are some real class acts in this years challenge! I fear whatever I hacked together would pale by comparison even if useful.

…which makes it even harder for the judges…

So, unfortunately, judging is not ready yet. :frowning: Please wait patiently.

Thank you for the note. Much appreciated. With the Christmas season, this is a busy time of year for some and family occasions carry more importance than flashlights and this sort of fun.

Merry Christmas to all the judges. Enjoy the season, the hospitality, etc.

Thanks for the update _ the_ :beer:

No stress here. Hope the judges got the cheques. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s why you should send them registered post with signature required. :wink:

Thanks David. I’ll try and remember for next year.
So the mailman is going to retire now?

Nah, He’s just gonna take his new girlfriend on a shopping spree and hope his wife doesn’t find out. :open_mouth:

Hey lads i am thinking i might lose my current pictures seeing as my Flickr has 8k photos and i am only aloud 1k lol. Just a heads up if the pics go missing i will swap them over to another hosting service.

Well, hopefully the judges have this just about wrapped up by now… :innocent:

Yes, hopefully, soon. :slight_smile:

Since the contestants are given a time frame to work within, can we have the judges do the same?

Hopefully everything is ok with the, he hasn’t been around in a few weeks. Is anyone in contact with him outside of BLF?

I’ll send him an email. I suspect he’s doing well, just busy.

I agree.
The extended waiting for an unknown duration without any information kinda spoils the fun for us builders.

Thanks sb……….

Thanks to everyone for their patience, and my apologies for the delay.

I must say though, it was definitely a fantastic contest this year, lots of amazing entries.

I agree, SB. I know I sure had fun with my creation as well as watching everyone else’s come to life.

Me to. :slight_smile:

I hope the is ok.