The best flashlight ~ 3000 lumens?

True, that.

I sort of use my SC52 that way. It runs all night on moon mode, every night, and it lights up the entire bedroom. Even so, I only need to charge its battery like 8 times per year.

And a ZL S6330 would be really nice to have if there’s ever a zombie outbreak. Run times measured in months or even a year. I’m still somewhat tempted to get one simply because of how cool it is, regardless of me having no actual practical use for it. I can dig getting something just for its cool factor.

BTW, thanks for the updated TK75 throw specs. I looked for that but didn’t find it.

(… and sorry for the numerous off-topic posts)

I own two S6330... my grandfather complained that the night lights were too bright, doesn't like to turn on the main light, and too dark without any light.

My solution has been to put the S6330 by his bed on moonlight. It's just always on. Has been since january 26th. I checked the batteries last week, at ~3.8v :p

If anyone told me a year ago that I would spend $180 on a ~2000 lumen flood light, I honestly would have laughed. To me they are worth it though.

Just wanted to inform you guys, that i went with the Fenix TK 75, from our forum member :slight_smile:

Thanks to all who helped me.

BTW any tips how to preserve the lens? avoid scratches? best way to clean it? thanks.

Congrats, would love to know what you think of it vs your BTU!

hmm… for some reason I highly doubt it you read tens of thousands of post and hundreds of reviews :stuck_out_tongue:
and nobody here on BLF watched hundreds of videos on youtube before they buy their light.
I admitted I watched reviews on TK75 on you tube before I bought mine, but hundreds? really?!?
you might convince your non flasholics friend about TM26 being the best light out there but not to flasholics at BLF

You definitely didn’t read that much posts on BLF :expressionless:
BUT for whatever reason if you want to be defensive about your decision purchasing light that can be had for the same amount of lumens for less amount of money… more power to you, be happy with it… in the end, it’s only matter of personal preference.

I’m glad you only paid $195 for the light. No doubt it’s a nice light… I’m just saying for that kind of money there’s plenty other quality light that can walk all over that TM26 in term of lumens or throw.
now for a newbie who doesn’t want to spend a lot of money buying their first premium light, I definitely would not recommend that light… especially when there’s a lot of other alternative light such as Black Shadow’s Terminator,BTU, Trunite TN32 ,Supfire M6 and so on… even the budget TR-J18 shine brighter than TM26 for much…much less amount of money without even mentioning the beast driver from KD :bigsmile:

PS: who’s in the right mind would pay such amount of money so they can walk around with bulky light, just so they can shine 3 lumens? :Sp ohh…please…
if I ever have the need to shine that low… I’ll use my cell phone :slight_smile:
I have TN30 which also have firely mode… never once that I ever use that feature while walking around the woods.

Congrats on a good purchase!

Don't worry about the lens too much... the bezel will protect it for the most part, and it's not like you'll be heading out into sandstorms.

To clean it, buy some microfiber towels, you can get them very cheap online. A tiny bit of rubbing alcohol, wipe, and you're done. If it's really dirty wipe off with a wet rag/paper towel first.

Even if the lens does get a scratch or two it's really no big deal in terms of affecting performance. Btw, if you didn't get the runtime kit, while it's cool, I suggest skipping it. It just feels so much bigger with the extension, that it's easier to just swap in new batteries.

Heard back from Calvin. The BS Terminator they are offering is XML2, bin is not known.

Thanks guys! imho think that TK 75 is generally the most practical/good light for my needs.

I will get some microfiber towels!

And no i didn’t and i wont get the extensions if i buy something, it will be additional battery holder.

BTW, i read so much different info about different kinds of lubricant, anodized, not anodized, o-ring damage, pff, cant understand what is the right thing for general purpose.

Can anyone recommend me some good and cheap, with worldwide free shipping oil/lubricant which have been tested, on o-rings, anodized and non anodized threads, and its perfectly safe and would work good for my TK 75/Shocker and future lights? thanks again guys.

I used this Silicone grease
for all my flashlights

lol… the only thing you need to worry if you’re getting that battery extender is more batteries of the same kind :smiley:

A second battery carrier comes with the extension kits. I don't think they are sold separately. About the microfiber towels, they are just useful to have, I keep them all over the place :p

Seconded. Although I got mine from fasttech.

Thanks guys, Fasttech was great company like 1 year ago, wonder if they offer the same level of support now? i will order from them :slight_smile:

it’s hate and love kind of relationship for me… I used to buy a lot from them… spending hundreds every month because they have good customer service and fast shipping.

but lately the service is going down… lately they always take few days just to answer e-mails and shipping is not much faster either.
they used to take only 24-48 hrs after you paid for your orders to be shipped, nowadays they almost take 5 days before they ship your order :Sp

but yes… they have good price on lights from time to time :slight_smile:

Well done, you chose a fantastic light, the best on the list in my opinion.
And when you get bored with it , send it to Vinh, he will boost it up to 4400 lumens. He can also dedome the emitters to improve the throw (at the cost of a bit of spill, turns the tint a bit warmer too)

Daylighter, why must you doubt me? I am very, very, very iformed before I ever make a purchase. I don't read 10 post then buy a light my friend. I read thousands of post, watch many, many youtube videos, hundreds of reviews, then analyze everything I have absorbed, then buy my light. I am very picky about what to spend my money on. There are many cheap light that put out ton's of lumens, but Daylighter, it's not all about lumens. Just like a car, flashlights are almost the same. It's not all about speed. It's about quality, attention to detail, using the finest materials, putting every bit of thought into every aspect of a car or flashlight in our case. This is what Nitecore does. They do not make a cheap light with no warranty. Every light they make has a warranty. They use the highest grade aluminum, and have some of the best anodizing in the flashlight industry!

Just like a cheap Toyota Yaris can get you from point a to b, so can a nice refined Jaguar XJ. The XJ is loaded with features the Yaris can only dream of having. They both get you from point A to B, but the XJ does it in style, elegance, sophistication. Same as the TM26 vs your TR-J18. The TR-J18 might have more lumens, more throw, more flood, but it will never match the quality of a TM26, the refinement of the TM26, the technology the TM26 has incorporated into its design. The biggest indicator of this is the price difference between the two, that should tell you all you need to know!

And firefly mode is very important on a technological marvel such as the TM26. It is the perfect camping light. I can wake up in the middle of the night and turn on 3 lumen mode without disturbing anyone in the tent, walk outside then go to full turbo, 3800 Lumen to scare off whatever I heard rambling around, or take a #2 and be very aware of my surrounding, seeing anything and everything around me.

But lets not fight semantics my friend. I am a lover, not a fighter. Many BLF'ers on here will attest to the TM26 being worth every penny.

And staying true to BLF tradition, I did not overpay 1 cent on my TM26. I got it on a budget my friend. The proof is in the pudding!

Now lets stop this rambling back and forth, make peace, not war!

No reply needed or expected Day Lighter.

Lets move on to other, more important topic such as how I need to solder my 16x18650 battery pack for my bike light, and not get hurt!

Thanks guys! if Fast-tech is lagging lately what shop for fast shipping and support should i chose, which carry the Jeatbeam grease with WW free shipping?

Edit, i see Wallbuys offer free shipping, what option should i chose for free shipping?

"The biggest indicator of this is the price difference between the two, that should tell you all you need to know!" - blfdemigod

Somebody fell for marketing hype, and fell HARD. It's a great light, no one disputes that, but by objective measures it falls short.

Also, 3 lumens is way too bright to be considered a firefly mode or anything to brag about, in so far as low output is concerned. Something you should be aware of given the "thousands of posts", and "hundreds of reviews" you've been through

Something tracked. I don't know what their options are now days.

Lol, and +1.

I’d have one if someone gave me one, but they are seriously expensive for what they are.

Guys, sorry for many questions lol, and thanks for the answers! :slight_smile:

Does this batteries fit the Tk 75 2900 lm version?

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1141104

Yep, exact same as I use in mine :slight_smile: