The BEST little flashlight in all the world - I'm serious

Thanks for the great review and nice pictures.

I have one and I love mine too :slight_smile:

Wait a minute. It seems that you are not talking about DQG? That's the light which instantly came to my mind when I saw the subject.. :)

But yes. E09 is a nice light too.

Ps. DQG AAA IV is now available. You know where. ;)

Here?

Yes… that was my concern as well. Not the commission :stuck_out_tongue: haha!… but that folks might think I’m somehow connected with the seller.
I think it’s great that fellow end-users can share their thoughts about the stuff that they buy - without any restrictions.
I have heard that on some other sites this is not possible :expressionless:

my favourite AAA!! amazing on 10400s! I too ordered another 4 for gifts!!

Hi tolight,
How much better than 120Lms output would you estimate using 10440s instead of AAAs? What brand of 10440s are you using? I want to make sure the 10440s I buy will fit into the light. Thanks.

hi pod

i am using TF flames np… as far as output….

sorry this is a crappy cell pic… i had trouble getting the right levels… its stopped down –2 but the camera does its auto thing so its not precise… anyway, the left is the Saber 1A on 14500 with the E09 on 10400, both TF Flames.

Distance from the wall is about 1m (perhaps a little less). The 1A is definitely and expectedly brighter than the E09, but the E09 is no slouch… on a full wall the 1A significantly brighter but again the light coming from an AAA is not what I would expect or imagine from the E09.

… notice the tint…. :wink:

hope this helps!

ps- i forgot to mention that the spills do overlap… its morning hear and the room is far from dark so i just figured i would compare the coronas of each light…

How noticable is the PWM on lower modes? How clean is the beam?

I had 12 copies of the e09. 1 copy had a clean beam with diffused large hotspot, all other copies had a tight bright hotspot, rather unclean one, starry-like. The spill is very(!) wide and bright(!), throw is immense. I heard differing stories about the Thrunite Ti too, beam can be nice and impressive, or the opposite. It's a matter of manufacturing tolerances of the reflector and the LED centricity. Since the rest is sooo nice (build quality, feeling, looks, throw, total lumens output, 10440 support, low price, box, accessories, etc), the unclean hotspot is a very acceptable imo.

Low PWM is standard on all budget lights, oh please ;)

My thoughts exactly. If I were buying a $100 light, I’d expect nothing less than well…. a $100 light :expressionless:
So just like you all is forgiven.
Anyway, the unclean hotspot of mine is not that noticeable unless you’re shining on a flat, light-coloured surface.

Very useful information. Thanks for taking the time. Looking forward to receiving this great key chain light :slight_smile:

I wonder if the threads match the Pelican Microstream. At one time I used my Microstream body with an L0D to get the tail switch. I lost my L0D but I have a few Micrcostreams lying around. Maybe I’ll have to order one to find out.

I ordered another 2 black ones on Monday morning… and then found out they have ’em in red as well (courtesy of a BLF’er).
So I ordered 3 more of the red ones (as gifts).
Less than 24 hours later I’ve been informed by Fasttech that both orders have been shipped !
:bigsmile:

The TANK007 E09 and the Nitecore T0 are cute and sexy to look. Something to give for the next year’s Valentine’s Day. :heart_eyes:

Another strong feature of this light is protected 10440 work fine with it.

Many AAA lights don’t fit/work well with protected 10440’s.

Any idea what the three mode levels are with a 10440 in it? I thought I read here that the high is at about the same lumens as with a Eneloop battery.

1.789 in. Mr. Squirrel :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe your E09 is factory second from DD?

My grey protected trustfire’s don’t function in the light. They are just at 47 mm.

All my black protected trustfire flames do function.

But the E09 is still a great value :wink:

Does the Tank run brighter on a 4.2 volt 10440 vs. a 1.2 volt Eneloop?

Anyone know the actual lumens on low-med-high with a 10440?

Read this and learn all from the master himself