The BLF GT70 "Giggle Monster" is here! 7,500lumens, 1,500m throw! Group buy Closed!

That’s strange. I could see them all when I posted. Now I can only see some of them and only one in the last post.
It appears to be the second one I can see in the last post you made.

Beats me???

Well… as of this posting I can see them all again. :+1:

Nice comparison beam shots too!!

Thanks for the update. I went back after your last posting and redid my links.
I was first a little concerned a 3000K led would be too orange or night bright enough. But after getting it up and going even my wife said she liked it and said it was like sunshine. I think TA had said that when the folks at NASA had ordered their lights, maybe they were the original GTs, but they had ordered them in the ww. He had commented that they were really something else. I have a 7 cell incan hotwire that outputs around 16,000 lumens and this reminds me a lot of that light, but with more throw.

/\…… Nice looking light…… :+1:

Loving this gt70 CW and Texas ace lumen tube 4.5 in.

I measured 6910 lumen using Samsung 30q.

That’s good news Newlumen! :+1:

Do you have some type ‘adapter’ that funnels all the light into the lumen tube or is some light escaping around the edges??

Its still the same… some lights are escaping…

Thank you for the info my friend & for posting these results. :+1:

Take the centering ring off the tube, you’ll get a better reading. Get rid of the safety/anti-reversion plates off the carriers and run flat top VTC5A’s or better for even more output, then change the SIR800 to an Infineon FET for a bit more. Should be 8200-8500 off your T/A 4.5” tube, dependent on what batteries you use.

Went to charge my batteries and noticed I had only 4 cells in it. So now charging 8 30q cells. Even on 4 cells I like it better as a thrower then the stock gt. I really like this tint too. It just lights up everything.

are the 30Q you’re using flat top with solder blob or regular button top?

Hello everyone, I’m absolutely loving my GT70 CW, it’s very bright from stock there’s no doubt about it but you know how it is, it’s in us to always want brighter lol, so I’ve been thinking of spring bypassing my battery carrier with 22 AWG wire, would like to know if anyone has done this to their GT70 before? i don’t want to do it if it will kill my driver or the LED…

Button top.

what are your numbers with the VTC5A solder blob?

Wouldn’t do anything to bring the current even higher…the led is already driven hard……XHP70.2 P2 4000k Output test by Texas_Ace - it's over 9000!! lumens and still going strong!

Hi,
Just a short question:
Does anybody know where else i could try to get
a neutral white conversion kit?
I already asked Neal and he said
that its sold out at him and also at
Lumintop…
Does anybody want to swap or sell one? :smiley:
Best regards,
Henning

whats this GT 4 x 70.2 light I saw on FB?

Here is the thread on BLF

How long does GT70 stay on Turbo before the kick down?

It depends on a lot of factors, such as the ambient temp, the temperature you have the thermal protection set to and how you have the thermal protection setup.

In the cold outside it may never step down.

Under normal conditions with the stock settings it generally gives you a few minuintes before stepping down. You can also disable the thermal protection entirely or change it to a timed step down with 3 or 5 minute options IIRC.