The BLF GT70 "Giggle Monster" is here! 7,500lumens, 1,500m throw! Group buy Closed!

You can always change the emitter to one you do like if you get it & don’t like it.

Sure, just giving my opinion, we’ll go with what the majority or lumintop decides

Oh, I understand & totally agree with your thinking of what & why we will end up with what we do. :+1:
But at least there is the option to change it out if one desires.

It depends on if they go with the 4000k P2 or the 5000k N4 LED.

The 4000k P2 should have basically the same lumens minus the lux meter bias.

The 5000k N4 should have around 7% lower lumens.

The tint has not been decided yet, it is a 50/50 toss up at this point if I had to guess between the 4000k vs 5000k. They have to import the 5000k which adds a lot of complications and cost that are also factoring into things here.

Has the temperature for the cool white been determined? Any idea of the specific bin and estimated lumen output?

I apologize if this has already been answered. I see in the main post that cool white was to be 5700k+ but not much beyond that.

Thanks

The below is from post #1. I guess the part about the NW can be ignored as it is still unsure.

7-18-18 – The Neutral White and Cool White LED’s have been found! I am going to see if a warmer tint could also be made an option but no promises. We will have the option of either:

Cool white 1A 6000k P2 bin XHP70.2
Neutral White 3A 5000k N4 Bin XHP70.2

Good point, I updated the OP to remove the NW LED.

Excellent…… :+1:

A quick question…. According to the ’Handy Dandy Tint Chart’, isn’t 1A actually 6500K rather than 6000K?? Or is the XHP70.2 rated differently?

’Handy Dandy Tint Chart’

OK, perfect.
My fault.
I thought, that near my name two numbers would show up….

Thanks for clearing up!

I am not sure why I thought it was 6000k come to think of it.

Thanks TA. I have a feeling they’ll just go with the 4000K since it’s the path with least resistance. lol

OK thanks… no big deal, I was just kinda confused. :wink:

Cree only lists a P2 1a as 6000k, no p2 option at 6500k. I could be misunderstanding or have old info.

I hope you are right. :+1: P2 6000k would be nice!!

Do you have good numbers for 4000K vs 5000K preference? The poll only asked < 3000K, 4000-5500K, or >5700K.
I would much prefer 4000K myself, especially if it would be a higher bin than the 5000K.

Well, it is more based on past numbers of sales from other lights. The lions share of the tints are usually ~5000k with 6000k+ coming in second and ~4000k coming in a distant 3rd.

In this particular case I think 4000k and 5000k are much more closely matched but lumintop is going off past sales as the basis for saying 5000k is more popular. It is hard to argue with the numbers from past sales.

The best outcome would be to offer both tints, which is something I keep asking about but they are worried about the group buy getting too complicated and sending the wrong tint. After the CW sales are out of the way I might be able to talk them into it though.

/\ Please try

Yes, please talk them into selling a 4k version!
4k is perfect for this thrower!

I will take one 6k version and in case they offer a 4k, I’ll order a second one later! :slight_smile:

5k with lower output would be a nogo…
(Even if it’s just 7%)

I can understand Lumintop’s train of thought concerning this.

Even in the BLF Poll posted below it is somewhat that way.

Even if you took the 4500K results & divided them in half… giving one half to 4000K & the other half to 5000k …. the 5000k runs away with it.

And this is a BLF Poll.
Do this poll among ’average customers’, ; showing pictures of each tint and I dare say 4000K would not be a contender at all & 6000K would soar.

My.02. ymmv