The Blues Brothers +1 - Maglite Style

Look at the photos in the first post. That should answer the question... The only one that is "crenulated" is the 1D. No material on the others, to do that.

Not a pre-order at all. I was approached with an offer I could not refuse, unexpected and irresistable.

Understood. I thought that was the case. No problem. After all, they are brother"s, not "twins"!

Keith

Those look Awesome!!!

Magnificent Mags, damned sexy looking lights.

Finished, all done, complete.

Movin on...

I just came in from the garage and heard the front door (built in porch) slam. YEP.....there was a box. Did not think it could be the light"s yet but to my surprise, it was. These lights could ship around the world and not be damaged! Upon opening, I have to say that the pics do not do these lights justice. They are spot-on BEAUTIFUL! I don"t know how the hell he did it but the bands around the lights are "seamless". Ol is one sneaky dude! I wanted the shorty with 3 mode config but the last update stated it would be 2 mode. Turns out it is 3 mode with hidden strobe and sos which I love! All loaded with NiMh"s and work great. Gotta go back in the garage so can"t play with-um till later. It will be dark shortly HeHe. Thanks OL for a deal gone good. Now i have to get a 26650. Later...........

Keith

Actually, when I realized the paperwork had the incorrect info on driver modes, I think I cleaned the solder off the contact points for that and I forgot to redo them correctly, so it's in the stock configuration.Embarassed I thought I did, but I guess I didn't. Glad you are happy with it that way.

On the AA ans AAA, you have to try them with NiMHs and Alkalines and tell me what you think of the difference.

Remember once you open the package, all bets are off... Ooops, too lateTongue Out

Keith, I hope you enjoy them, but don't play with them too long or you will go blind. (that could be true if you look into that 1D on high, LOL).

Justin

Been busy just got time to play with lights. AA/AAA work just fine on NiMh. Actually pretty good run times tho are brighter on Lith (not a issue). Just did a run time (3xNiMh) on high with the stubby 1 1/2 hr i"d say about 450 lm...temp high 100f/about 42c.......not bad at all. Heat dissipated through body well. Still have not decided on a 26650 rig yet (NiMh"s are fine. *may not even get 26650*). Medium for stubby about 200lm. About 4 hr run in med (pretty darn good). OL stated- "Remember once you open the package, all bets are off... Ooops, too late". That would be nice to tell someone before they purchase. With that said,that sure instills a lot of confidence for me. So I guess I should add that the clicky button is flaky since sometimes I have to soft press twice (or more) for medium and slow /fast strobe come on when they want to. In other words, they come on when your not looking for them and can"t find-em when you want. When walking with light if you point up (or down)the light will change modes. I fixed this (hey, I"m a modder LoL)by holding a flat SD in bottom (so as not to pull spring out of tail cap) of spring and lengthened spring. Other than the flaky recessed tail cap (have to use fingernail *or pencil* to activate), the lights are very pretty with nice floody beam, bright, run great on NiMh. Hey, "it is what it is".

Keith

That was only a Joke. If you are not happy in any way, I will refund you the amount of your purchase and please just send the lights back. It’s no problem. These lights are not for everyone and if you think there are ANY problems, please just send them back and I will paypal you the money. I do nto want anyone to feel they have been shafted for any reason. Better to take something back, than to have someone with problems, keep the problems.

Just let me know, so I know how you want to proceed.

I should probably make a disclaimer on every light that these are hand made and if anyone believes they are getting factory quality, they are mistaken. They are getting something hand made by some old fart, working out of a garage. LOL, couldn't be plainer than that, but I should have stated it in the first post.

Old-Lumens,

If he ever decides that he doesn't want those lights any more and you take them back, there is a line about 10 people deep that want them LoL.

Your lights are so good, they should probably get auctioned on eBay instead of you just taking an offer for them ;)

No, really I am not in any way bothered by the things he found with the lights. I understand completely and I know these are not for everyone. It’s very hard to see something in a few photos and know what you are getting. It’s happened more than once to me, so I completely understand. Like I said, it is not for everyone. When someone spends a lot of money on something, it should be what he wanted, not something he wasn’t expecting or satisfied with. The switch works fine with me, but anyone with large hands, would have issues with it. I don’t have large hands, so it’s fit for me and I could see that being a problem with someone else.

I have no problem with Keith not being satisfied completely satisfied with the lights and I don't mind if he wants to send them back. I will cover the shipping, it's not an issue.

If he does want to send them back I'll take them. :)

I guess I'll get in line behind scaru then... LoL

@budynabuick If the tailswitch really bothers you that much, and you're brave enough, you might try getting the screw-on boot made for that Judco switch (available from DigiKey here). It will extend the button out through the hole more, but you might have to open the hole up a bit to use it (that's where the brave part comes in).

I just took OL"s joke (feel dumb) the wrong way LOL. I love these lights very much so NO REFUND IS APPLICABLE. OL contacted me PM and everything is cool. Would purchase again. I actually just came in from outside playing in the dark (3AM) and these lights are BRIGHT on NiMh. Nice hi, med and very low. My son was drooling! The wife even said "very nice" Man that"s saying a lot! The Blues Bros are "over the top"! +1. So fellows, you can get out of line as these lights are going nowhere HeHe.

Keith (who is very pleased)

With more use I find this is not even an issue for me. These lights are more for looking at then using but after checking the run time the lights are very utilitarian on NiMh. I knew what I was getting but just got a little ticked at OL"s joke that I misconstrued. Thanks for your suggestion anyway.

Keith

Aww... I guess I can stop checking the page every couple of minutes hoping you wouldn't like them.