The Crelant 7G5 Has Arrived

Thanks for posting that 2100. Maybe my other 7G5 will be more up to par like yours originally.

But problem is that another guy on CPF posted that his M3X is brighter than the 7G5. Really don't know. The tint is quite similar actually, in fact my T40CS is warmer than the M3X....and i remember that my 7G5 is same tint as the T40CS. But yours show it to be quite a bit bluer than the M3X.

Thing is, esp if the tint is similar, then on the meter it is most telling.

PS. Don't worry about my figures - you can't see the difference in real life actually, if you ask me. Anything less than 20% is really difficult to tell unless you A-B it....even then it is not large.

So what do we go buy the meter or the pictures of ceiling bounce? I mean to me the camera shouldn't lie. And my eyesight with my glasses is better than 20/20.

I wanted to ask you since you are here. Did your 7G5 have problems with switching modes? My other one did.

It is better to get a meter. It might not be the most accurate, you know even with DMMs you need certification/calibration. It's too tough to go that route. However even a cheap meter tells you heaps and is very accurate if you do relative comparisons with each other. For eg, i know mine under-reads in relation to several known member's readings with known flashlights. OVer time you can build up a database of sort and you know what kind of correction factor to apply.

A meter costs under 30 bucks anyway. Much more convenient.

Nope, mine does not have issues switching modes. If you bang the tail, yes it will skip modes coz it has springs on both ends. That only happens with short cells, with XTAR 18700s no issue at all.

Could you show me a good meter to buy for $30?

I am not expert on lux meters unfortuantely. But for 30 bucks, it's either the dealextreme ones, or if you can find the Victor 1010A on ebay.

You can see the variations here :

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/3961

I have the one on the right, that's on Dealextreme. It definitely under-reads, according to Ma_sha1 on CPF, he had one too. Even within the same model, the batch itself would have its own variation. So there is no truth or "accuracy". He now has a good Extech EA30.

From luminositykilledthecat :

Re: Dedicated throwers

Originally Posted by 2100
>>>For your Crelant 7G5, that is the highest mode? The medium mode is even lower than that? I think Ilikeflashlight's 7G5 is also underdriven (though it is taking in 1.65A at the tail, which is good). I've got my M3X, and in pictures it is about the same as your case with the MPP-1. But my Crelant 7G5, even swapped out with a lower bin T6, still cannot be differentiated from the M3X in the pictures. (ie 7G5 660 lux, M3X 703 lux)
Ok. I have fixed my crelant. LOL. All I did was take it to pieces and put it back together again. Now it looks more or less the same as the m3x. What was going on ?. Never had that before. I will take a new photo. There is now a big difference between low and high. Phew.

I'm on my second Victor 1010A. The first one lost contact at the sensor cable after some use and since it was guarantee sealed, I got it replaced no questions asked for 4 euro unregistered return shipping.

Both my samples read a bit high compared to what other users post, but consistent between the two.

The advantage of this meter is the Max Hold function, which lets you register the hottest spot from light position quite easily and accurately (good control over the beam sweep). I wonder if this does contribute to its reading somewhat higher then the average reported.

Selfbuilt posted his review on CPF and 7G5 is the best throwing flashlight he ever tested.

I could get close to his figures, 54857 cd. I get 50752 for the T40CS though, slightly more than his. 8.2m These figures are very repeatable, but i have not tried at 55m.

It's actually "not good" to give so accurate figures, but it's just for your ref.

He hasn't tested the M3X.

I honestly think you could take 10 7G5's and 10 M3X's, and I'd be willing to bet money that the M3X's will come out on top on dang near every one tested of those lights for throw against the 7G5. That's just a hunch on my part. And I may be wrong. But I will know more on the other Crelant 7G5 I get and then I will draw my conclusion. But others have said the same thing I have said about the M3X.

Yep, you are quite biased towards your M3X, I think we have picked that up by now. It makes me think no matter how your new Crelant may perform your Olight will stay tops.(Sorry but your M3X love is just a little bit overbearing at times, this being one of them)

Well I tell you what I will be the first to let you know when I get my new 7G5 and if it beats the M3X so be it. I hope it does and then I will know that I at least firsthand then am wrong on that above statement. But either way win or lose, you will see how it compares to the M3X. Now that's sharing info regardless if I'm partial or not. Actually I wished my Catapult V3 was my best XM-L thrower for it's my favorite light. Now I shared the whole truth with you.

He isn't biased, he just sees what he sees. Open your eyes instead of your rude mouth and look at the many great photos he's posted to help people purchase the best light. I'm sure it has taken a lot of money and time to provide that information. The photos show that what he is saying is true.

Who are the users that come on the forum and start trolling that have only 2 or 3 posts. Please keep it down.

That user would be me. I don't need 1132 posts to see that someone is rude. Unless that guy was a friend of his, then I stand by what I said. How does that have anything to do with trolling? How about you keep it down.

You just proved yourself again.

Wow, you really set me straight with that novel comeback. look, I'm up to four posts, do I get to join the good buddy club now ?

Please stop filling the thread with useless posts that don't pertain to the topic. My reply was also to ILF and not to you. I had my say and he had his. No reason to keep on harping on about it.