The Crelant 7G5 Has Arrived

This is on manual and the first number at the bottom was 4 and the focal was 4 and the ISO was 200. I hope this helps you. Both were taken on the same magnification. I put some other Xtar 18700 2600MAH in the 7G5 before this shot. They measured 4.20 and 4.18 volts. I just want to be fair. I left the same 4.10 volt Hi-Max 2600MAH batteries in the M3X. Now I took 4 shots from each light and picked the better focused one from each light. And the girls left so I had to take each separately.

Crelant 7G5 60Yd

Olight M3X 60Yds

I'd say m3x but maybe because I like the tint

Pls dont misunderstand bro, of coz not saying you are lying. If you look at my shot the 7G5 definitely is not blue in fact its v slightly greenish, the xr-e is actually WD (such is the high chance of being able to present different results from the naked eyes).

Seems like the last photo set of yours shows, in your case, the m3x really has that advantage in throw. It is always good to have more pix and info.

Damit, so now i have got to have the m3x into the collection. The good thing is, i dont have any Olights. Lol! Sealed And i still want the V60C... All v good prices, as being a good value for money person i'd never buy them at $155 and $130. (I already have lot of budget lights)

PS. No worries, your cells at even 3.9V open circuit is just fine for operation, much less 4.0V. The lights are well regulated with the 2 cells. (1 cell for a well-gunned XM-L is a totally different story esp if your cell is not so good)

Man, you need to charge all your cells and buy a lux meter ASAP :P Such an awesome collection needs proper lux info :P

No problem 2100. I'm not a big camera person so I don't know much about the settings. And my Fuji S8000FD 8.1 megapixel camera I'm sure is nowhere near the camera as you have or others here. But it seems to serve my pupose well. I knew before I bought the Crelant 7G5 that is was going to have to be one bad thower to beat the M3X. Marshall from goinggear.com has shown the M3X on his videos and redforest here has told me that the M3X is one of the best XM-L throwers period. I can now say they are right.

I just took 2 tailcap readings from each light. Here's what I got.

Crelant 7G5 was 1.669 amps.

Olight M3X was 1.328 amps.

You will have to translate PWM to me.

Hi there,

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS, I was just about ready to pull the plug on the Crelant, but after this report of yours I'm not so sure. I already have a good (budget) thrower in the STL V6, but I want something a little better. Maybe the M3X will do it for me

Hi Bob. Well I can only go by what I have in thrower lights. And the M3X beats them all fairly easily.

PWM is when in medium or low modes, you wave your hands/fingers very quickly in front of the light, and you don't see that "strobe effect" - ie very smooth constant stream of light. No strobe effect = either no PWM or the PWM frequency is too high to be visible. There are other ways to measure that but this the quick and dirty way and is good enough for most.

M3X FTW, on tint alone! Everything else it has, is just icing!

There can never be too many lights, but alas the wallet is thin and mind is weak!

I have done a new search on CPF (I have searched for the light before), seems like there are some posts and reports on the M3X but because it is an early model, not many have done 1-1 comparisons like this.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?319141-Beamshots-of-14-powerful-xm-l-flashlights(including-TK70)-1-xp-g-for-comparison.

The M3X can run on 2 x 18500 IMRs. Regular 18500s should do pretty ok as well, 1.33A as measured so similar to ergotelis.

Ok I put the M3X in low mode and did the waving of hand. And no PWM.

That's cool! Thanks! That's because the M31 Triton has PWM. Actually the Skilhunt lights (new brand) also has PWM. Most budget lights (95%) have pretty low PWM.

Intersting comparision. Indeed, M3X looks to be a winner in your case. Too bad, I don't have one for comparison.

Maybe I'll pull the trigger on the one on DD. Or better, 2100 will do it for me :P

As for M31 and PWM, I don't recall M31 had PWM. Even if it had, it was in invisible range (>5kHz). M3X also doesn't have visible PWM.

[/quote]

There can never be too many lights, but alas the wallet is thin and mind is weak!

[/quote]

Ditto.

2100, d'ya think the M3X is worth buying over the Crelant? I mean the price (of the Olight) here in Singapore is almost 2 and a half times that of the 7G5 .

Thinking seriously, i don't think i've got use for the M3X. I think i will get the V60C instead. I have enough of these form factor throwers.

No, get from Dinodirect. It is usd75.39 only. http://www.dinodirect.com/flashlight-m3x-triton-cree-xlamp-xml-led-700lumens.html?ddse=M3X&utm_source=M3X

xmas15 - 15$ (order 80$)

ddchristmas - 20$ (order 100$)

You can get the batteries, the Trustfire Flames protected, for 8.39 - 2 bucks = usd6.39...if you use ddchristmas coupon code for battery + flashlight purchase. Just nice and very good price (the cells are $10 elsewhere). Do use Paypal.

http://www.dinodirect.com/trustfire-lithium-battery-18650-2400mah.html

...Like you a have use for the other dozens of lights... LOL.

I don't have any use, too. It's just a 'collecting' bug.

Anyway, back on the topic. This is not right if a light that's driven harder and has deeper reflector scores less. Something is blocking 7G5 potential ...I'll try to swap the LED and see if it changes something. Or maybe ILF's M3X is some serious overachiever.

Coolperl, that's why it's also good to collect other data like ceiling bounce (vs other known lights), output sag due to heat (emitter might not be seated properly /HS compound not enough) etc. Like DrJone's TK35 clone, his copy only had like 10% HS compound covering the star while mine was crazy but i improved it further (stock form it sagged only 3% in 9 minutes).