The Daily Joke Thread

an expensive parrot joke:

One day a man goes to a pet shop to buy a parrot. The assistant takes the man to the parrot section and asks the man to choose one.
The man asks, ‘’How much is the yellow one?’’ The assistant says, ’‘$2000.’’ The man is shocked and asks the assistant why it’s so expensive.
The assistant explains, ‘’This parrot is a very special one. He has keyboard skills and can type really fast.’’ ‘’What about the green one?’’ the man asks.
The assistant says, ‘’He costs $5000 because he can type and can answer incoming telephone calls and takes notes.’’ ‘’What about the red one?’’ the man asks.
The assistant says, ‘’That one’s $10,000.’’ The man says, ‘’What does HE do?’’ The assistant says, ‘’Not much of anything, but the other two call him Boss.’’

Once upon a time, a young lad was born without a belly button. In its place was a golden screw. All the doctors told his mother that there was nothing they could do. Like it or not, he was stuck with it.

All the years of growing up was real tough on him, as all who saw the screw made fun of him. He avoided ever leaving his house and thus, never made any friends.

One day, a mysterious stranger saw his belly and told him of a swami in Tibet that could get rid of the screw for him. He was thrilled. The next day he took all of his life’s savings and bought a ticket to Nepal.

After several days of climbing up steep cliffs, he came upon a giant monastery. The swami knew exactly why he had come. He was told to sleep in the highest tower of the monastery and the following day when he awoke, the screw would have been removed.

The man immediately went to the room and fell asleep. During the night while he slept, a purple fog floated in an open window, bearing in its mist, a golden screwdriver. In just moments, the screw-driver removed the screw and disappeared out the window.

The next morning when the boy woke, he saw the golden screw laying on the
pillow next to him. Reaching down, he felt his navel, and there was no screw there!

Jubilant, he leaped out of bed, and his butt fell off.

The moral to this is
Don’t screw around with things you don’t understand — you could lose your ass

Wow. Just… wow.

Jean J. 1.0 out of 5 stars My canisters do not have a measuring cup. Reviewed in the United States on January 5, 2020 Verified Purchase Tang itself is o.k. Its the same as it was 25 years ago. Actually I purchased the the twin 72 packages for the plastic lids, I feed my cats treats on the plastic lids that is at the top of the Tang can. So I emptied the cans of tang into another container. I was going to make a container tang for ourselves. There was no little measuring cup in either can of tang, so I was stuck without knowing how much to use for my tang drink. I figured I could find out on the internet the cups per quart that I would need. Dont bother looking, I don't think you will find out what you need to find a recipe for the a pint, quart, gallon. I just took my two 72 oz containers and dumped them into the toilet. It was hard to dissolve and I had to get the toilet brush to muck it around. Anyway Tang.....It takes years to gain a customer....It takes a second to loose that customer. Take care

“Okay, so I buy a coupla jumbo containers of Tang, they don’t have the little measuring-cups/-scoops inside, it’s absolutely beyond my intelligence to experiment with a cup of water and a spoon to see how much of the stuff is needed to suit my taste, can’t even look it up online, so just for spite, I dump both containers down the toilet and leave a 1-star review.”

And these people vote.

(from https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002WWNLB4 )

Sometimes it’s hard to know what’s real anymore these days…
Disinformation abounds.
With people like this, always check what else they’ve reviewed. It can be very revealing.

I don't know how you found my review, but that's me.

Yes, my name is Jean J., but I don't vote.

(I don't want jury duty.)

It’s… Tang.

I was just curious, because when my local supermarket has it on sale, it’s 4bux for 2 of the 20oz containers, and 9bux for a jumbo container of unknown size. But Tang comes in 20oz, ~60oz, and 72oz containers as I looked ’em up.

Just browsing through the reviews (some are downright amusing, like the sugarless Harabo gummybears), and came across that.

Fwiw, the 20oz plastic containers have measurements right on the inside of the cap itself, a “fill-line” for the powder to make a quart or whatever. (Great reusable containers for things like salt, farina, etc.)

The bigger ones look just like regular cardboard tubes like breadcrumbs come in. And this genius can’t figure out how much to use, which is likely printed right on the back of the can itself.

Please tell me you’re joking… :open_mouth:

Okay, okay.

I'm just kidding around.

I'm not a big fan of the Tang beverage, but I wouldn't waste it.

I asked my husband, “If I were to die first, would you remarry?”
He said “Well, I’m in good health, so why not?”

I asked him, “Would she live in my house?”
He said, “It’s all paid for, so yes.”

I asked, “Would she drive my car?”
He replied, “It’s new, so yes.”

I asked, “Would she use my golf clubs?”
He said, “Why no honey, she’s left-handed.”
And THAT’s how the fight started!

why was the butterfly
not invited to the dance?

it was a mothball.

To think, Louis and Marie Antoinette almost won the French Revolution.

They were neck and neck.

Just In Time
A cop was on night patrol driving up near lover’s lookout when he noticed a parked car with a young man reading on the front seat and a young woman knitting on the back seat. He pulled over and walked up to their car. “What are you doing, Son?” the cop asked. “Reading,” the young man answered. The cop shone his flashlight on the back seat. “And what is she doing?” “She’s knitting,” the young man answered. “How old are you?” the cop asked suspiciously. “I’m twenty one,” the man answered. “And how old is she?” the cop asked. The young man looked at his watch, “In forty five minutes she’ll be eighteen.”

This is a good one :smiley:

in light of the on-going “shortages” in the US, here is an OLD one from the USSR:

A man walks into a shop.
He asks the clerk, “You don’t have any meat?”
The clerk says, “No, here we don’t have any fish.
The shop that doesn’t have any meat is across the street.”

William Shatner and three other people went to space today. They had to fly the rocket a little higher than normal to ensure that Bill would achieve full weightlessness.

- Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.

But teach a man to fish, and you saved yourself a fish.

I told my wife that I was attracted to Beyonce.

She said “Whatever floats your boat”.

I said “No, That’s BUOYANCY!”

jump start on Halloween….

What goes around a haunted house and never stops?
A fence.

Who are the werewolf’s cousins?
The what-wolf and the when-wolf.

Why couldn’t the ghost see its mom and dad?
Because they were trans-parents!

Better yet ..