The Daily Joke Thread

Do you know what George Washington would do if he could read this thread?
He’d post, “Somebody get me out of this coffin!”

So you posted something that is clearly controversial politics, and you claim that it's not political, and I'm the dumb one with no sense of humor?

Yeah, sure, keep on lying through your teeth.

I'm smart enough to know when I'm being fed a line of bull (like your super weak argument.)

"Half the people in this country would have gotten that joke" and you're NOT primarily talking about a political party?

It's just a coincidence that the country is split in about half based on political parties, right?

Give me a break.

Not everyone on BLF is as stupid as you assume, and we're not going to believe your obvious lies.

You just don't get.

Controversial politics are not allowed on BLF, anywhere.

Political attacks masquerading as a joke are not allowed on BLF, anywhere.

So I suggest working on your comedy act, and laying off the politics because it's not allowed here.

There are others that have posted political things lately in this thread, but you are the instigator, like usual.

The first step to solving a problem is admitting that there is a problem, so it looks like you won't solve this problem until you man up and finally take responsibility for your actions.

Now, if you're done lying through your teeth, I will have no reason to fact check you, and this stupid argument can be over.

Physics Safety Tip

In general, avoid exposure to any temperatures, pressures, particle energies, or states of matter that physicists think are neat.

Yeah, I’d rather not end up in a MrBallen video…

How about a Mark Rober glitter bomb video?

As a Brit I have no prejudices either way in this argument but a simple check of previous posts reveals a fair number of jokes posted disparaging Barack Obama but not a single one poking fun at Donald Trump.
Make of that what you will.

Hmm...

Well, the latter is way more controversial than the former, though they are both controversial figures.

If someone were to make fun of the latter, that'd be radioactive.

I'm not trying to make an excuse for the behavior--I'm trying to come up with a reason for why it happened, and I could very well be wrong since I'm just guessing.

When a Democrat is made fun of the Left typically turns the other cheek.
When a republican is made fun of they attack.

The high price of making fun of a republican keeps many from doing so.

Yeah, I didn't think of that.

Making fun of Hillary in a lighthearted way didn't bother me.

I mean, sarcastically calling someone a God-Empress isn't that big of a deal, but it did kick off this political conversation which might not be good in the long run considering how toxic some people are when talking about her.

Also, the more a politician is demonized, the more likely people will feel entitled to make fun of them, even on a forum that doesn't allow that.

One side of the aisle specializes in demonization, and thank goodness the other doesn't.

Really? Could have fooled me, with your over-the-top vitriolic responses.

Exactly! Especially calling “God-Empress” someone who acted so imperious and self-entitled, even though she was tripping on the steps. :laughing:

The masked bandit is the only one who has advanced a “political conversation,” while falsely accusing me of doing what he is doing.

But I’ll gladly leave it be if the bandit will.

The masked bandit will leave it be.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on many different points.

Oh bullshit lol. You call these giant-ass paragraphs of vitriol turning the other cheek?

Exhibit A

Nice selective memory you having going on there.

I ignored all the political BS yesterday but when you try to pretend that members of one political party are all calm and collected while one of them is literally losing their shit in this thread, I have to call BS.

Exhibit B
I never even named a specific republican yet here we are.

I would be happy to deescalate this conversation, you game?

I can’t even fathom the mental gymnastics it takes for you to make the claim you made earlier and keep defending it now. :person_facepalming: I’m out.

You are proving my point, just mentioning speaking up causes such backlash.

Nothing to add, just want to see how ridiculously long I can make this quote-train.

Me too!

Piling on!

How many political idealists does it take to change a light bulb?
That’s oxymoronic; political idealists can’t change anything!