- The Fake-Cree LED Awareness Thread - The new "low" in Budget lights.

:wink:

I have received lights with those LEDs too, they aren’t really identifiable or who actually made them, (neither Cree or Latticebright) and most likely some cheap knock-off clone of a generic Samsung 3535 emitter. (I have some Samsung 3535s that these look really close to in style and design.)

Thanks Martin!

Welcome to BLF!
What tint do these emit?
I actually like how they look but its all down to what they do.

[quote=The Miller]

The ones i have are a cool white, abit somewhat on the purplish cool white tint. they are adequate brigth for a 3535 sized LED, but they explode when i tried to over-drive one.

Hi guys @ BLF. Thanks for the warm greeting.
This particular LED is cool white and it pops up balloons too :wink:

I did a test on this led that I found in a 9xSRK clone that claimed to have XP-L leds, seems about the same led:

It is the second led tested (scroll down) in this test thread:

Thanks. FYI, I bought another one and this time I got a unit with LEDs similar to:
LatticeBright Model XK

I wonder if it is better than the first unit, because I really can’t decide from the beamshots. Looks very similar in terms of brightness.

Hi Kusie,
I bought exactly the same torch from GB http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_149047.html. i even emailed them before i bought the torch to make sure that it is using the real cree xm-l their respond is. it is real xm-l. I don’t think they even aware they are selling latice bright.
Did you end up keeping or returning the torch?

Hi kangaoroo,
returning was not an option, too expensive… I decided to keep it, I added a fair amount of thermal paste on the ledge where the led shelf ist sitting on, lamp is working fine that way (at least until now…).

Posted a review on GB saying that these are fake Cree´s to warn ohers, but … you can guess it - it was never published.

K.

many China sellers just ment when said Real Cree.
They know that aren’t.
That because when received note from
buyers that they are fake,Still sell them as ‘Genuine Cree’.
And I think that many light are made with recicled metal contaminated.
I would open a thread of that.

Hi Kusie,
Thanks for leting me know regarding the review, i am also thinking doing a review however i don’t see a value anymore if they don’t publish it.
Lucky I paid using paypal so i will try paypal free return. will see how it goes.

This is a new one it is made to look like a XML but it is smaller! No markings at all!

!

!

!

!

definitely a Latticebright.

I’ve seen several like that in some of the SK98-style lights. Definitely junk. I would take a razor blade to it to practice the slice-dedome method…

Also, nice hollow pill there…

the T6 from a few years ago were all real now the chinese have caught up and ruined everything

attack of the clones

Kusie including an nice macro shot of an “XP-E” in this review REVIEW: UKing ZQ – X900 600Lm Zooming Flashlight (#3 type Zoomie) picture heavy!

As pointed out by Kusie, known Cree XP-E LEDs have a third bonding wire off to the side. The Latticebright XE shown earlier in this thread is easily identified by a square instead of round hole in the corner (top left in Kusie’s shot), and does have the third wire. I find it curious that someone might go to the trouble of making such an exact copy of a CREE XP-E only to omit a bonding wire. I wonder if Cree is producing a new XP-E with only 2 bonding wires. I wonder if Latticebright has a new clone that’s not on their product webpage. If not, who is making these?

Cree XP-E for reference:

Hey guys, nice forum here, glad to now be part of it...

Got a 'budget light' ($8.75) off eBay, and it has a lattice bright led when it was advertised as a CREE XM-L2. I know, I know, what else is new...

After finding and reading this complete thread, now I know better, thanks BLF. Anyhow, the vendor is saying that the star board is lattice bright but the led should' be a cree.

Even though the led is mounted on a Lattice Bright star that doesn't seem to be good enough for the vendor.

I know the Lattice Bright doesn't have the dot(denoting the neg- terminal..?) or hole in the silver ceramic base or whatever that silver board is called that the led is mounted to. Thats one thing that tells us its a Lattice Bright, what are some other things I can tell the vendor that will show this led is a lattice bright not a cree xm-L2...?

Not sure why forum won't let me post the pics, but here are photo bucket links.

Thanks...

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae68/allcool11/20160617_204652_zpsh52yzs0o.jpg?t=1466348800

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae68/allcool11/eBay%20Cree_latticebright%20light2_zpsjhtymceu.jpg?t=1466349074

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae68/allcool11/eBay%20cree%20light_zpswb8mw95g.jpg?t=1466349074

I have not had a good close look at the Latticebright clone of the Cree XM-L2 yet, i from pics i have seen the LB clone as more visible “dots” on the surface of the die, (the yellow square) than the real Cree XM-L2 does.

Thanks for the reply DBSAR, I don’t have the scope/camera to take macro photos of the lattice bright. Unless you know of another good way I can do it…?

Yes the ‘dots’ in the die surface are very very pronounced. Even in a zoomed in beam shot they can be seen. Does that happen with a real Cree xm-L2…?

+1

But…

For me it is not a real CREE XM-L2.
-It has not a dot on corner. CREE has.
-The insertion pads of wire on die are square. CREE are not square.
-The dots in the dies are arranged parallel to the edges. CREE has dots arranged in quincunx.
-This has many dots…