The glow and dark bling thread

Can you talk to me about that D25C tail? I had a recent bad experience attempting it in mine. Is it pretty much just a lit tail with the LEDs on the switch board?

It’s a banggood lighted switch with only 1 led (and resistor). I had to make up a shim for it to fit nicely in the host. I would need to go find the light if you want more info…

(emphasis mine)
That explains it. I think the simple 2-LED Convoy switches I have would do the trick, but they also need a shim or something. That host is very particular about the switch board fitment, as I learned the hard way. Thanks (and no need to go dig up the light - though it’s a nice light, you should anyway :stuck_out_tongue: )

You got me thinking about it and I’d like to update it with a battery indicator light though I haven’t looked closely at it yet. My guess is the only option would be L4P’s lighted switches but his shop is currently closed AFAIK

This looks both cool and inconspicuous
Where did you find/make thoses glowing gaskets?

I have the same here! Some got a bad contact and I’ve replaced them, but still keeping them just for the nostalgic feeling.

Yeah, I think some cleaning would help. Interestingly the screws are potted! Couldn’t find any information where these were made. 60’s sounds right for this building.

I’ve also got matching power outlets.

:smiley:

Ohhhh pretty

It looks good :wink: :beer:

Very cool, PP. Initially I thought maybe those were just the slow-fade RGB LEDs, but I don’t think you could get those to stay in unison. So are these Anduril-controlled? What kind of driver did you use?

Lume1 driver. More info here

Anyone used cyflect? Tempted to order some but want to hear from people on here first

I guess nobody here has any experience with that product… :frowning:

Appears to be a Cyalume product. How does the glow compare to other glow stuff? Is it worth the high asking price? I want to put some strips of it on key lights/stuff.

Thanks! I ordered a small strip to try out. Have just ordered a bunch of other glowy stuff, I’ll try to do some comparisons and report back as I couldn’t find many side-by-side comparisons here.

Edit: I know there’s a very good CRX post where the LIT and Kilabitzzz stuff was compared, might order some LIT and do another comparison with some other mediums/resins/glues.