The JAX Z1 way back in late 2014

I don’t know what will be the value of this thread I made way back in October 9, 2014.

We have mostly new members here so this may or may not add some additional background information and additional perspective about the JAX Z1 light and manufacturer.

( This is not a BG/GB rivalry thread, they have plenty of problems of their own nowadays! )

Let’s go back a little in time:

Well, that is interesting.

Other manufacturers that have worked with us have also slapped us with the MAP police. Manker for instance on their Ti Timeback IIRC.

I do not know what to think anymore. Perhaps Surefire IS a bargain after all…

Do we need to hide the price of our group buys behind a pm for those interested?

Consider that this Z1 was ‘only’ $ 38.99 during that time for the WHOLE light.

Well, the aluminum price is now lower than 2014 , so it could just be the profit has gone up knowing how many will be bought on BLF….

Sure the driver and such have gotten better and cheaper, the LED’s too… I am not understanding how this is not still a $40 light…

The AR+AF coated lens alone could be the difference.

Where? I paid $50 in October 2014 at a discount. Did it ever sell for under $40? I thought that low price was the problem, I guess according to Jax. It's not the first or last time GearBest mis-communicated with a manufacturer, not just GearBest, plenty of other retailers.

Interesting thread you link to.
Saw another not proceeded buy linked in it too also due to MAP

Yes you see this pm confidential option in a lot of deal topics.

Very nice to see how Jaxman has become active on BLF AMD now does the host sale for BLF at a price they put on it themselves so this one can’t be stopped due to MAP :wink: