The Legendary BLF Integrating Sphere starts here! (Delivered)

I think that apart from photo’s and specs, best is to post test results too, with range, integration quality, repeatabilty, measurement introduced errors. I think that all that will certainly help people deciding on buying one!

Josh, edit your emailaddress, just replace the @ with € or something, spambots will not make you happy.

Josh, dropped another $20 in the piggy bank. :wink:

That should cover the additional on the meter and if you have some left over feel free to use it to help out someone else or whatever.

Appreciate ya man! :smiley:

Thanks again for your contribution to the project as a whole Dale :slight_smile:

I’m interested but on the fence. Has one been built? Most of my lights land in the “small” size category so melting is probably less of an issue but increasing my hoard size definitely is. This is the type of BLF stuff I like to support but just need another nudge.

Think of the regret you would feel if you missed out :slight_smile:

I ranked the contributions on post #1 to give special recognition where it is due.

Paid $78. Thanks for doing this!

Scott, look at the real effect of building a light and not quite seeing what you expect out of it, making some tweaks and finding your expectations met via the live feed from the sphere! I’m telling ya man, when you build and/or modify lights, being able to actually see the results in numbers is much more than gratifying, it’s an absolutely necessary fundamental. :wink:

For you image hungry members, Here’s a screenshot of the working app.

Excellent work, and that still seems quite reasonable on the price. I am still on the fence, as I would ideally like to see a finished product or working prototype with any/all potential “bugs” worked out. However, seeing that screen shot of the app might push me over the edge. Nice work on everything so far! :beer:

Just a quick FYI, in case you hadn't seen it yet:

Regarding the Blick website for the sphere halves, it looks like they only have one in stock now, and the estimated time for re-stock was 05/16 when I added them to the cart. I based my "order" on 36 halves, assuming there are currently 18 members that have committed so far. It looks like shipping is in fact free, but they are charging tax if you live in a state where they have a retail store. So, the total for 36 halves shipped to my location ended up being $291.58 total ($16.20 per complete sphere, delivered). That included $15.46 in tax, since I live in a state where they have a store.

HOWEVER, they have a promotion going on that is ends tomorrow (04/15) for 25% off. The discount code is: CEAX. That brings the total for 36 halves down to $242.92 total ($13.50 per complete sphere, delivered). Obviously the total will be different depending on the local tax rate if you live in a different state with a retail store. If you live in a state that doesn't have a store, the total would only be $230.04 ($12.78 per complete sphere, delivered). Either way, that is still a significant savings, and should help take the "sting" out of the higher price on the meters!

Maybe a good strategy would be to place an order now to take advantage of the discount.

Then, since it would be backordered anyway, you could amend the order prior to fulfillment if you don't reach the full number of paid commitments. Just a thought...

Excellent, thanks for the info freefly.

And PS about the app - it runs on all internet-enabled systems, not just Apple like shown. Linux, Windows, Android, Apple, stuff I haven’t heard of….

Payment sent

Will compensate for the additional L-M cost this weekend, business has me momentarily poor once again. Seems the “Blick” spheres are the cheapest- ain’t found anything even close to that price.

Phil

I’ll be sending my payment tomorrow.

Hey guys, I just logged in to say we should close the orders tonight so we can get on with the next steps. As freefly mentioned, it will be 30 days before I get a whole sphere after placing the order. And then I have a lot of work to do. So we will be taking the next step in a few hours.

Sounds good to me.

Ideally, it would have been nice to allow orders up to and including the prototype development.

However, logistics appears to be a problem.

So, do what you have to do to nail down material costs.

I want to part of this but without the meter, because I already have that exact model. How much would it be?

You can subtract the $32 we allocated to the meter, then PM me for my address and I will calibrate it with the rest.