The Legendary BLF Integrating Sphere starts here! (Delivered)

I understand. But this ‘expedited’ route is still a month and a half of my life. I may do it all over again, but I don’t want to make that promise at this time.

Prototype!

Just kidding, I found that on Google. It actually lead to a BLF post by a user called Match from 5 years ago.

Payment sent

The spheres and meters are ordered! Unfortunately dickblick denied me the opportunity to ship the 1/2 that’s in stock separate from the main order. I guess that’s what you get with free shipping. I will call tomorrow and discuss options with them.

I paid $32 for the meters on newegg instead of $30 Amazon because newegg has 300 in stock, so the next batch can share the same model. That’s not just good for calibration, but it’s excellent for the 3D brackets I will design. It would suck if we did another batch and everything had to be changed. That, and newegg takes PayPal so that was convenient.

I paid an extra $4 total for faster dickblick shipping to shave a week off the wait time. The new date is May 19th.

Payment sent plus tip for putting this together!

I appreciate the enthusiasm, but it ended yesterday and materials were ordered yesterday for the 10 signups. I had to return your money. But stay tuned, there may be a second batch soon if there’s enough new interest.

Heart broken! Alrighty, thanks for the heads up I’ll stay tuned!

Wow, that went fast! Can’t even go to work these days :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll wait and see and keep some money in my pockets for a change…!

Meanwhile I’ll try and find out a cheap shipping option to EU for hopefully a 2nd batch.

Hopefully you and everyone on the maybe list received my PM about 24 hours in advance about the deadline. (Nobody replied). But yea, like we discussed I don’t think I can ship something that big to you for a reasonable price.

FWIW, I don’t have a PM from you.

I never received a PM either, also FWIW.

Me either but I’ve paid and am on the list so I think all is OK. Just a minor glitch, perhaps a lack of coffee while doing the email :blush:

Phil

Keeping in mind my memory issues, and that I am indeed working on my coffee as I speak (so to speak) didn’t we have 18 people on the list, and only 10 now paid up? So there would be more perhaps but for a glitch… neither pro nor con merely saying….

I sent the following message to these guys:

Between you, blueb8llz, RaVeN, Muto, mhanlen, MG, KeepingItLight, RotorHead64 and Dutcheee

“Hey guys, you were on the maybe list, so here’s an update that the funding is happening now.”

Yah I hear yah DB. It gets so bad I can’t remember where I live. I’ve taken to nocking on doors till someone good looking lets me in. It’s worked so far :wink:

I may have missed that this is covered, but my two cents is to check that all meters received from Newegg agree with each other. They may have 300 in stock but that doesn’t necessarily mean they’re all identical. Having ordered two of the exact same lights directly from Zebralight and getting one greenish tint and one not, uniformity is not always guaranteed.

Yep, I plan to check them against each other. However, if there are two unknowns - the meter deviation and the uniqueness of a sphere - the certainty drops.

Ah, I see, sorry Josh. Only makes sense to send out PM’s to the one’s on the fence, the other’s had already spoken up and as such, a reminder wasn’t necessary. Leave it to me to miss the obvious.

KFF, my luck wouldn’t run like that and I’d end up Rottweiler food or something… :stuck_out_tongue:

No problem :slight_smile:

Happily married 30 years so maybe my memory is better than I remember.

Glad I paid up early. Now I just need to be patient. Fun toys are hard to wait for. Do it right Josh. Good things are are worth the wait.