The making of the BLF UC4 charger: the start of a new venture, INTEREST LIST, UPDATE 7 (Well, ramping stopped :/ )

[quote=amplificus]

I personally prefer a menu that is arcane, requires multiple button pushes to accomplish anything, and has a manual written in chinglish. like the one on the cheap load testers

Interested in one. Make sure it can be operated with one arm.

Interested in 1

Interested in at least 2

Interested in 1.

On the 1st page the last update says the project has been put on hold. Is this still being produced?, if so when would it be expected to ship?

Long way away from starting production.

It is being researched and developed, not produced. And currently there is a delay, but we expect the project to continue. There is no estimated ship or even production/prototyping date yet.

Interested in 1

Does it have a fan for cooling? Then I hope it is easily replaceable, unfasten a few screws and unplug, as this is the most likely troublemaker. Also possible a flashing port.

Put me in for 1.

I would like to get in on this as well. Thank you!

Have you tried pushing the slider terminal with the cell you’re inserting? That’s how I always do it. I haven’t touched a terminal in ages.

interested

Interested!!!

Perhaps something similar to a shooter rod on a pinball machine. Or something as simple as making the negative tab tall enough to provide a leverage point to grab, pull back the slider, insert the cell, and then gently release. Even simply choosing springs with less force; they only need to be secure, not act as a vice.

Relying on the cell at act as the lever, or shoehorn, of sorts, is less than optimal, and I hate the crude execution used by most, if not all chargers in general.

There are many more elegant ways to approach it, but the status quo is cheap.

Interested!

Interested in 2, thanks.

I like the constant current modes. Interested. Thanks.

Could updates in post 1 be dated going forward?

slmjim